Are you still using a land line ?

/ Are you still using a land line ? #11  
Had cell phone for several years never had any reception problems. Keep a charger at work and one at home. Plug in whenever I need to. Use the cell phone for the internet too. It got so that the only calls I was getting on the land line was people asking for money.

Dropped it a year ago and do not miss it.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #12  
I guess we're dinosaurs, but my wife and I don't even have cell phones. Except for having a phone in case your car breaks down, I really don't get cell phones. I have voice mail at work, and an answering machine at home. If someone leaves a message, I'll call them back, what's the big deal????? I really don't need to be getting calls when I'm in my car or in a restaurant or if I'm in a store. What's so important that I have to speak to someone right now??? We'll probably get Trac Phone for emergency use in our cars, but other than that, we don't want anything to do with cell phones.

And kids with cell phone drive me nuts. Last week, we had some city friends visit our farm with their 12 year old son. He played with his phone the whole time we were showing them the farm, he couldn't care less. When we pointed out a fox running across a pasture, he was still playing with his cell phone, and his father took it away from him. He told the kid that they came for a visit to see nature and the kid was just playing with his phone, The kid shrugged and started whining for his phone back.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #13  
As magicheater mentioned, the DSL comes over the land line so we have to have it. There is no cable in our part of town - too remote, so we need to keep the land line to get internet.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #14  
I have a pre-paid cell phone; carry it for emergencies when I leave the house and my wife has been known to call me when I'm out if she thinks of something she wants me to pick up at the store. It's rarely used, but works very well when I do use it. My wife has a cell phone that's provided by our youngest daughter. I think she pays $10 a month for it on her "family plan" since both daughters, their husbands, and our grandson are on that family plan so they don't use any minutes or long distance fees to talk to each other. But their plan is T-Mobile; much less reliable than my AT&T.

But yes, we definitely keep our land line, and all the features; i.e., call waiting, call forwarding, no long distance charges, etc., etc. and my 10 meg DSL service. Costs a grand total of $91.46 a month with all the fees and taxes. But since my wife talks to a sister in West Virginia every day, sometimes more than once a day, and for a long time, as well as one of her brothers every Saturday for a long visit and another brother periodically, calls that would be long distance, I couldn't afford for her to use a cell phone for all her calls.:laughing:

/ Are you still using a land line ? #15  
Got rid of land-line a few years back. Have a VOIP line over the microwave link internet service, but I'm thinking about getting rid of the VOIP service. The cell phone connection is reliable and the only people who call the VOIP line are telemarketers. The VOIP line is cheap for calling international, though.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #16  
I don't have a land line since I'm only in the house a couple of hours a day other than sleeping so wouldn't get much use out of it anyway, besides its about $60 or so a month.
We are the same way. We dont need a landline for internet, so we dont need a landline. Looking at picking up a prepaid cellphone to leave home with the babysitter, but we may go with VOIP for that.
I have a local Google Voice number that I use for Craigslist, et al (it forwards calls to my cell, but is set not to ring when I may be sleeping (10PM-8AM)). That gets me free calls to my grandparents in Canada and I dont really call international other than that.
But yes, we definitely keep our land line, and all the features; i.e., call waiting, call forwarding, no long distance charges, etc., etc. and my 10 meg DSL service. Costs a grand total of $91.46 a month with all the fees and taxes. But since my wife talks to a sister in West Virginia every day, sometimes more than once a day, and for a long time, as well as one of her brothers every Saturday for a long visit and another brother periodically, calls that would be long distance, I couldn't afford for her to use a cell phone for all her calls.:laughing:
Pretty good deal if that includes data. If not, various prepaid plans offer unlimited talk/text for around $50 per month with nationwide long distance.

Aaron Z

/ Are you still using a land line ? #17  
In the middle of the night when I need to call for an emergency I want a reliable land line, not a cell phone thats not charged or can't get a signal or that I can;t see.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #18  
Had a cell... coverage was a real problem... so got rid of it 12 years ago!

The place in WA is a dead zone as far as coverage goes... so it looks like land line is the only viable option...

/ Are you still using a land line ? #19  
We have a land line and each of us have an iphone with data plans. I keep up with my entire family including my almost 90 year old mother via email and texting. I also conduct business via email and cell phone and being able to get information on the internet when away from home is invaluable. My commute to my office is about 1:15 each way so I get alot done while in transit (talking not texting). I also couldn't do without my ESPN alerts to let me know all the news and scores for my favorite sports teams - even high school football. Easy to keep up with where my grandsons are playing games so that I can punch it in to the gps and show up.

Our house is lined with foil, has foil lined radiant barrier, and the windows are metal coated (low - E) glass. Cell phone signal inside the house is not very good so we need the land line. Plus, my wife spends hours talking to her dad on the phone long distance, which is included in the $90 or so a month we pay for the land line. Thinking of switching over to the VOIP being offered by our land-based wireless internet provider.

/ Are you still using a land line ? #20  
We still have the landline, but I am close to disconnecting. We have had our home number for 26 years - and I think when we do disconnect, I will port the number over to a $10 a month add a family member cell.

We live out in a tiered coverage area - and have to pay a premium charge to have toll free calling into the metro - so our monthly bill is pushing $90. Yup - highway robbery. So adios landline...very soon.