Are you X-military

/ Are you X-military #11  
5 years Navy, MSO sailor, wooden ships and iron men. Got out E-5. No retirement but some good memories. Happy Memorial Day!

/ Are you X-military #12  
Four & 1/2 years active duty Coast Guard [very fond memories of that time] and 17 & 1/2 years active duty in the Marine Corps [even have some fond memories of that life-frame]. Retired at 22 yrs service as a Gunnery Sergeant (E-7) - I had reached my shelf-life expiration date according to USMC. Happy Memorial Day to all service members. Hoo-Rah!!
Greg

/ Are you X-military #13  
30+ years Coast Guard: Semper Paratus! (Including two tours on Governors Island)

Boot camp in Alameda, and retired a LCDR out of Headquarters.

I can't imagine my life having been any better any other way!

/ Are you X-military #14  
I did about 10 years as a reactor operator for the Navy. I kind of miss it but the job I have now is sort of like it without all the hazing :)

/ Are you X-military #15  
Yep there's a lot of us, not all with blue tractors...:laughing:

US Army Security Agency, 1969-1972. Voice intercept/Chinese translator, Japan (14th ASAFS Hakata). E5 after 18mo. Brief stint with VTARNG, Armor (M-48), 1972-74. 1401st Eng Det, Camp Roberts, CA, 1974-1976, CALARNG, Post Illustrator/Operations. Never did get my E6.

For the most part, enjoyed it all, esp. overseas duty. Salute to those currently active!

/ Are you X-military #16  
I was drafted in 65,train an retain with "A"2/12 4th id went to nam as a Infantry team leader.Was hit,promoted,an transphered after "The battle of sui tre"3-21-67,The battle was fought at LZ GOLD. after getting out of the hosp at Vuntau I went to "B"co 4/31 196 lib as a e-5 I got a squad an led them (at times 18 strong) on night ambushes, combat patrol's south of Chu-lie.
All an all spent 11mounths 28 days in nam.My time there was spent in the Mitchlon rubber plantation,Perrots beak,Cambodian boarder west of Tayninn.
Every year Me an a few buddies go to "The Wall"an pay homage to the 44 we lost in combat from our company "A"2/12 The year we were there,
We have a websight we set up for anyone interested.
Dau Tieng Base Camp
Army Grunt

/ Are you X-military #17  
Five yrs 8 months AD. Discharged 1/31/80> Did first Army Reserve drill 2/21/80 and last in 10/00. MP first 11 yrs and 11B instructor last 15. 7 of last 8 teaching BRM @ West Point.:thumbsup:

/ Are you X-military #18  
21 Years and counting. Army Engr. got about 15 months left

/ Are you X-military #20  
U.S. Navy Electrician EM3 was in for 4 years (95-99). I had good times and bad times. I would not be where I am now, if it wasn't for the Navy. I & E Tech at a Power Plant, Love my job.