ARGGGH....Where can I get flow restrictors for HTL

/ ARGGGH....Where can I get flow restrictors for HTL #1  

tc35dforme

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC35D/16LA
/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Okay folks....I want a flow restrictor(s) for my Hydraulic Top Link. I asked my dealer's parts guy today and he looked at me kinda funny /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. He had no idea what I was asking for.

I know a bunch of you guys have them....can I get a source, a manufacturer, a model....anything !!! Thanks.

/ ARGGGH....Where can I get flow restrictors for HTL #2  
If you have a TSC, they have them. The ones that they have double as a swivel and are about 2" long.

/ ARGGGH....Where can I get flow restrictors for HTL #4  
I bought one from WW Grainger about 10 yr ago. 22.12 then.

/ ARGGGH....Where can I get flow restrictors for HTL #5  
Here is a thread on the subject.
Click Here

I tapped a fitting for a set screw and drilled a hole in the center.
If I remember correctly it was a 1/8" drill.

/ ARGGGH....Where can I get flow restrictors for HTL #6  
Are you looking for a fixed or a varible flow restrictor?

/ ARGGGH....Where can I get flow restrictors for HTL
Fixed orifice type fittings would be fine....I can do the necessary adjustments although it appear .030" is a good starting point. I would like to avoid the needle valve type. They're easy to find, but why spend $ 40 each and have to fiddle with them. They're also a bit bigger than I'd like on the HTL.

These fittings must be readily available I just haven't hit a source.

/ ARGGGH....Where can I get flow restrictors for HTL #8  
Do an online search for Royal Brass to find a distributor. Oops, never mind I found it http://www.rbisj.com/product.htm Start with a 1mm orifice and drill it out if it is too slow. You will need to be able to tell them the fitting needed on each end of the restrictor, size, thread, and male/female. Get 2, they shouldn't be over $10. Put the first one in the rod end supply line. If you need to slow it further put the second in the other line. If you can't find one, give me a PM. Good luck!

/ ARGGGH....Where can I get flow restrictors for HTL #9  
I needed something to control the speed of the swing on my dirt-digger. Not to mention the boom extension and the boom itself. After finding out the expense of these I turned to leave the hydraulics shop when the counter guy asked what I needed them for. He suggested I just use an in-line valve. Needing only one per cylinder controls the both directions, and you can easily control the flow by just opening/closing the valve a bit. I'm really pleased. Especially for less than 1/10th the cost!

/ ARGGGH....Where can I get flow restrictors for HTL #10  
Parker Orifices

A Parker dealer in your area should be able to provide these. The swivel mount type is what I bought from my NH dealer at $3.95 each. ...pretty darn cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif