Armor Plated 5085M

/ Armor Plated 5085M #1  

PBettis

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 110TLB
Thought yall might like a pic of a couple 5085M's at the local JD Dealer. The one in the foreground is having a steel forest screen (or whatever it's called) and a belly skid plate installed. I hope they stuff the hydraulic FEL lines behind some steel too since they hang out so far! Dad has decided after seeing the quality of the skid plate to purchase one to protect everything underneath. It is a nice setup. Runs about $1200.00. I know that seems a bit expensive but it is pretty elaborate and covers everything below the tractor from just behind the front axle to behind the rear axle. I'll post some pics after it's installed. JD said they could probably install it in under 4 hours since they will have some experience for about $400. Not sure if Dad and I feel like fighting it or not. There's 2 large pieces at approx 400 lbs. each and an extension piece between them since the M series has been extended. Dad wasn't sure if he def needed one or not but quickly decided for it after I crawled underneath his tractor and showed him why he might want one. I pulled 2 small pieces of wood out in 2 places. One piece was crammed around the drain pan oil drain plug and also from around a hydraulic fitting on the side. I know most people use these tractors in a hay field or on pretty flat ground conditions but we tend to use the equipment almost anywhere. We don't abuse equipment in any way of course but we're not baling hay right now either. We're still working on some "after timbering" clean up. The M is not doing as much as the Cat Loader and Bobcat right now but it's getting some use with discing and leveling. Anyway I'll post some pics when he gets it installed. So far the M seems to be a real beast and Dad's Happy which is a good thing!

Last edited:
   / Armor Plated 5085M
Sorry here's the pic. Also, Dad and I both still like the R4's but for anyone considering them they are a bit shorter than the Ag tires which lowers the entire tractor down a bit. I wish the R4's were the same height as the ag tires! The R4's have an awesome tread pattern and perfect width (imo) but are lacking in overall height. If anyone needs measurments and more pics just let me know. Keep in mind neither of the tractors in this pic are Dad's. Both are 5085M's however. The one in the background is new but the owner requested a 2011 "basic" M without all the emissions setup. So it looks a little different from Dad's.

ForumRunner_20130114_193456.png

/ Armor Plated 5085M #3  
Lookin' forward to seeing those pics! I've got a belly-pan on the 110TLB that has been a real life-saver! I'm still doing some land clearing and have been very cautious with using the 5075M in the woods in the middle of a bunch of stumps and roots and branches!

Seems like those bigger sticks have a mind of their own and they're always tryin' to poke you just where it'll do the most damage!

AKfish

/ Armor Plated 5085M
Yeah def..a stick through the ole' drain pan would pretty much make for a bad day! My buddy has a skid plate on his 110 also along with the hoe stabalizer cylinder guards. I keep saying I'm going to get one for my 110 but can't seem to find the extra money at the moment..haha! The 110's need the skid plate as bad as they need the steering wheel. The lowest part of the tractor is the Hydraulic filter! Crazy!

Last edited:
   / Armor Plated 5085M #5  
When you get the lower skid plates I'd like to see some pictures, uninstalled and installed. To get some ideas for my tractor.
I bought the factory fuel tank guard, but it needs more.

/ Armor Plated 5085M
Will do as soon as we get them. Maybe a week or two.