Armrest and other upgrades

/ Armrest and other upgrades
I have already checked the extra wheel and tire, and will go shopping monday for a spinner. We will be mixing cement for foundation/wall not mortar for brick.

Again thanks for all the info, may look for the 90 degree open end wrenches while I'm out

BTW does anyone know if the 1430 has the huge articulating joint not/bolt???

/ Armrest and other upgrades #22  
Yes the 1430 needs a 1 13/16" open end wrench. In checking the nut every 50 hrs I may have maybe turned a total of 1/4 turn. I have some 175 hrs in first year and no problems except leaking front wheel motors and PT replaced at no charge. Good Luck.

/ Armrest and other upgrades #23  
IrTxRx said:
BTW does anyone know if the 1430 has the huge articulating joint not/bolt???
Check with Terry as to whether you need to check and tighten this nut on the 1430. I had understood that the joint used on the red machines was a different design than the one used on the green machines and did not need tightening.

/ Armrest and other upgrades #24  
It is a very different design. The 'red' design has fixed plates top and bottom, reducing the torques that would othewise tend to loosen the nut(s). I can post a photo.

Of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't check to make sure the nut is tight. Having the two halves fall apart wouldn't be pretty, green or red.

All the best,

Peter

Bob999 said:
Check with Terry as to whether you need to check and tighten this nut on the 1430. I had understood that the joint used on the red machines was a different design than the one used on the green machines and did not need tightening.

/ Armrest and other upgrades #25  
I also have a 1430 with now slightly over 100 hours and have checked the center pivot nut but have not been able to move it more than 1/4 inch cumulatively over the many times I have put the wrench to it.

I don't know if it is different in design than the 425 but it would be a good question to pose while there and let the rest of us know if we are wasting our time trying to tighten the nut.

/ Armrest and other upgrades #26  
I have a newer 425 and I havnt been able to budge the nut one bit. While im not sure of the pivot design on the "red" ones I think its the older " green" ones that loosen up....They dont have the replaceable bearing insert design that the newer ones do. At least on the 425's

Kris

/ Armrest and other upgrades
I am not travelling to Taz but will ask Terry on the phone about the center nut and any torque requirements. Kind of moves to another topic, what questions should I be asking Terry about my PT. For example, it is almost 2008, but I know I may be getting a 2005 & 1/2 A,b2.3 model. Is there anything specific I should ask about (like how old are hoses)?

Thanks

/ Armrest and other upgrades #28  
IrTxRx said:
...I know I may be getting a 2005 & 1/2 A,b2.3 model...

It appears you have a great attitude and know what you are gettng in to. You will be fine. :)