Arranging for shipment from Texas to Virginia?

/ Arranging for shipment from Texas to Virginia?
Mat,

You should really consider being able to kick the tires and drive a unit before making this kind of decision.

More likely that frontend loader will be a dealer installed item. That means that you should really look at the unit before making that purchase decision.

What if you purchased the unit and the loader bolts where not all tighten, or the loader hydraulic lines leaking, are the tractor hydraulics not working correctly after the loader was installed. The dealer my not have check the front axle toe-end after the loader was installed and the front tires may end up getting cut on the front loader brackets.

There may be a number of things wrong with the unit when they ship it to you that should have been fixed by the dealer before it left.

It would be hard to get warranty on dealer error.

McGee,
I've never taken delivery of a Kubota, however, we have taken delivery of a Deere or two... We've never had any of those problems. That said I understand your point and would not be averse to kicking the tires so to speak. That said if I get in a tractor that has been "prepped for delivery and it's leaking hydraulic fluid and the loader does not work they have lost a sale. That type of "prep" is a severe lack of quality control...imho

Guys I may be making a HUGE mistake if this is the end of pool that I've landed into. This post is a moot point as I have found both a Kubota Dealer AND a workable John Deere Dealer that have beat the price of the above mentioned Kubota.

The Deere Dealer, recommended by an old friend who moved back home to Alabama, has solidly put Deere back in the running. At any rate both the Kubota Dealer and Deere Dealers are below the Mason-Dixon Line and their prices are running neck and neck. Which make the Kubota fair poorly by comparison. To boot the Deere Dealer has manners to no end and makes you feel like YOU are why HE IS THERE. Not to mention the prices...

Regards, Matt.

/ Arranging for shipment from Texas to Virginia? #54  
There is an 'off road tax' (very nominal amount) in Texas but I never paid any 'sales tax' on anything for farm use.

All states differ on this I think. California has a base rate of 8.25%, higher in some areas of the state. If you are a bonifide farm business, the base rate in our area is 2%, but it does not apply to hobby farmers unless the tractor is itself used 51% or more in a farm business. "Business" being the key word after "farm", they look for profit/loss, etc. Can't just be a farm sort of lifestyle.

/ Arranging for shipment from Texas to Virginia? #55  
That dealership in Tx that Matt contacted my be listed with Kubota as a "Volume Dealer" therefore they are getting their units cheeper from Kubota then his local dealer.

FYI... there is no such thing. We all pay the same.

There are lots of good dealers in the north east. Seems rather unnessesary to me to run to TX for a tractor.

/ Arranging for shipment from Texas to Virginia?
FYI... there is no such thing. We all pay the same.

There are lots of good dealers in the north east. Seems rather unnessesary to me to run to TX for a tractor.

fwiw,
You might all pay the same thing for the tractors, however, you sure as **** don't sell the tractors for the same thing...

If my local dealer did not want to retire he would have made a sale two weeks ago..

Matt.

/ Arranging for shipment from Texas to Virginia? #57  
Matt good luck on your tractor purchase/decision

I like how anytime someone talks about buying out of state or out of their area somebody starts screaming "The sky is falling". The bottom line is most of use our tractors for hundreds or thousands of hours and they never go back to the dealer. Most people who buy or own tractors have some mechanical ability. I bought from a guy 400 miles away because he was 4000 cheaper. For 500 dollars I probably would have gone with the local guy. I liked the local guy and his dealership is nice but it was too much money to leave on the table. I've had warranty work done on my tractor. A problem with sticker residue on my seat from baking in the sun, paint on the toolbox lid chipping and a problem with an electrical connector. All three items were repaired by me at my house. The salesman and his service guy were quick to handle my problems and available if I had questions. It still was much quicker and easier for me to replace all 3 items by myself at home rather than dragging my tractor to the dealer and waiting, or making multiple trips.

I understood the risks when I bought my tractor, I think one of the local dealers would work on it but frankly it's easier to order the parts if need and deal with my purchasing dealer unless there is some major issue beyond my ability.

I have a friend that bought some land and decided he needed a tractor. He went to the dealer 5 minutes from his house and bought a tractor. Now he hates dealing with the dealer and goes to another dealer and hour from his house if he needs anything.

The bottom line is there's pitfalls with any purchase. It doesn't matter if it's 5 miles or 5000 from your house. You don't get any guarantee that the dealer will still exist in 5 years or that he won't be carrying a different brand of tractor.

/ Arranging for shipment from Texas to Virginia? #58  
Gentlemen,
I found a reasonable Kubota Dealer in Normangee, Texas however they have no provision for shipping the tractor. The total savings over the local dealer is in excess of $3200. Granted ya gotta make your arrangements to get it... :)

Matt,

I purchased my BX 2660 from Normangee Tractor (30 miles from me) and was very happy with the price and service. If you're saving $3500 I don't blame you at all for purchasing out side of your area. In my opinion the biggewst or maybe the only thing you'll miss out on was the free delivery (local area) and the familiarization walk around that was given to me by their delivery guy. Was quite specific to my model, informative, and covered questions I hadn't thought to ask during the sale. That being said this was my first tractor purchase so some of the info would be redundent to one with more experience. So far any and all other questions I had, the answrers were almost always somewhere in the post history of TBN!

Good luck with your tractor purchase where ever that takes you.

Reily