Snow ARRRRG -- wanted to go push snow today..........

/ ARRRRG -- wanted to go push snow today.......... #21  
Most of the time, homeowners insurance only covers you if you are on your own property. Even if he said that he was doing it just as a hobby, or a favor, or just 'cause he's a heck of a nice guy, he wouldn't be covered! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ ARRRRG -- wanted to go push snow today.......... #22  
Re: ARRRRG -- wanted to go push snow today........

Ron R, what kinda buisness are you starting? It has occured to me that someone with a small tractor could make a fortune doing all the odds and ends job all the big guys don't want to do. I just saying that if I had a mind to I could make money with my B2410. I don't have a mind to and I don't need to but what if I did /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif, I could /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I see all kinds of jobs that home owners need done, mostly in the city and urban areas on small lot's where a big tractor would not fit and would rut the lawn. I hauled my Kubota over to a friends house to do some yard work for him for free /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I guess as payment for another favor. Anyway, several people thought I was hired help and where trying to get me to do for them what I did for my friend. Mostly filling low spots, recontouring a couple of areas left rough by the contractor, filling fill dirt in behind a rock wall he had built and around the house where it had settled --stuff like that. Now that was a while back when I first got the B2410. The buisness could be something like-- " A Guy and a Small Tractor" and the biz line would be that "I do the small jobs nobody else wants" or such as that. J

/ ARRRRG -- wanted to go push snow today..........

Tres, you are right on with what I'm planning.

I don't want to be "Another Mowing Guy", but instead plan to do the light dirt work you mentioned. Also I have a 50" Tiller, so tilling yards for grass planting or new home construction is what I have in mind. Our area is building like crazy.

I've talked with a couple of realtors I know and they tell me almost every new homeowner asks them who they can get for small jobs.

Our soil here is so clay filled, almost everyone at some point or other has a dump truck load of top soil dumped in their front yard. To me that's a golden invitation to stop and offer an estimate. Most in our area would pay $100 to have the pile spread rather than get out there and spend HOURS with a shovel and wheelbarrow......

That's my plan anyway. And this year there is a special bonus depreciation so I can deduct more earlier. Win-Win-Win......

Best wishes,
Ron

/ ARRRRG -- wanted to go push snow today.......... #24  
Well, after seeing some damage done to a concrete drive by another good samariton (not me) I decided soem mods needed to be done on my rear blade for snow pushing. I decided a plastic edge guard was in order. Some driving about my favorite stores to hang out in I came upon the perfect chunk of plastic. Check it out now attached to my blade. I sure hope it snows again /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. J

Attachments

• 352507-DSCF0141.JPG
    352507-DSCF0141.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 137
   / ARRRRG -- wanted to go push snow today.......... #25  
Check out this edge view of my new plastic edge guard. Now all I need is some skid shoes. J

Attachments

• 352508-DSCF0142.JPG
    352508-DSCF0142.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 129
   / ARRRRG -- wanted to go push snow today..........

Ok , I'm hooked, what did you use for edging? It looks great.

I'm probably going to get a rear blade and agree that it needs some edge protection.

I'm thinking of also welding on some brackets on the back of the blade moldboard and installing some caster wheels that can be adjusted up/down an inch or so. Then I'd plan to adust the blade (on dry/level pavement) to be about 1/2 inch off the surface. Casters would work at any angle you set. They'd be fairly easy to remove for doing dirt work.

Comments to this idea?????????

/ ARRRRG -- wanted to go push snow today.......... #27  

Ron, I found the material at the Yard Store. They charged me one dollar per pound so it was about six dollars. Unfortuantely, I got the only two four foot pieces exactly of this shape. Since my blade is a 60 inch I cut them to splice together. There was other of the same mateial that would need sawing and routing to accomplish the same thing. I don't know how well it will work and it does not look good for more snow soon.
They also had some 4X8 sheets of white nylon about 3/8 inch thick. Until I spied out my blue plastic chunks it was my plan to purchase the nylon and then saw it into two 60X4X3/8 pieces and one 60X2X3/8 and then essentially laminate them together. I would have probably used the three pieces bolted together to achieve the same result as I have now. Like the new Titan commercial says, "Bring It On", the snow that is. J