Artillian Diverter Valve and Grapple Operation

/ Artillian Diverter Valve and Grapple Operation #1  

stevieray36

Tractor
John Deere 3032E
I have installed an Artillian Diverter valve on my 3203 to provide hydraulic function for a dual lid grapple. I commend Artillian on such a nice kit looks factory installed when complete. The FEL operation works as it should up/down and curl after install of the diverter valve. I am having an issue when I depress the button to open and close the grapple lid. I get one cylinder to partially move and then no function after that.

I called Artillian and one of the suggestion was maybe quick coupler incompatibility. I purchased Safeway ISO 5675 ball type instead of poppet type male connector. Has anyone else had an issue with hydraulics using the ball verse poppet style?

Last edited:
   / Artillian Diverter Valve and Grapple Operation #2  
:welcome: to TBN

And thanks for the tip on the Artillian Diverter valve. Just the thing that has been keeping me from adding a single hold-down "thumb" on my forks. From what I see, that kit has what is needed to get the hyd. plumbing to the FEL.
Will be interested in what you are finding out with your "issue".

/ Artillian Diverter Valve and Grapple Operation #3  
Did you try it enough to get all of the air worked out of the hoses?

Next step would be to swap the grapple and tilt hoses, to see if the diverter is working right.

/ Artillian Diverter Valve and Grapple Operation #4  
The FEL operation works as it should up/down and curl after install of the diverter valve. I am having an issue when I depress the button to open and close the grapple lid. I get one cylinder to partially move and then no function after that.

You can also swap the grapple hoses to make it move the opposite way as a test for flow.

Does your loader valve have regen?

/ Artillian Diverter Valve and Grapple Operation
You can also swap the grapple hoses to make it move the opposite way as a test for flow.

Does your loader valve have regen?

Not sure what regen is, so I dont know.

/ Artillian Diverter Valve and Grapple Operation #6  
IF the 3032E has the feature... ??

Regen is explained somewhat in the operators manual (albeit I didn't see it there, as the joystick isn't featured).
Maybe with the FEL manual.

In short, it is what causes the curl of the bucket to drop or dump faster when moving the joystick far to the right.
Can give some screwy responses if just part way. If that movement of the joystick is not involved in the problem, then discount it.
But look into it, as the feature is good, but need to know what is happening.