As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #31  
I left snow country 45 yrs ago. Plowing with a new heated cab is the only reason I can think of returning to it.
I almost talked myself into a cab tractor this time. BUt the fact is I don't spend enough time in it to make that practical.
Plus I got the MX5200 tractor to mow some tight places and under trees etc. where a cab is a hinderance.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport.
Plowing with a new heated cab
I really enjoy snow removal from my heated cab. I especially like it when I'm clearing brush and the yellow jackets from the nest I just ripped up can't get to me. I am immune to their fury. Got my headphones on I'm groovin to the tunes and they can buzz and buzz all they want.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #33  
I have much more time for myself and for the things i like. I am still healthy and fit and love this time actually.
I love learning new words with the word finder https://word-finder.com/wоrds-that-start-with/ua/ and play wordle better and better every day. This age is perfect and i realize i will never be younger than now.

Last edited:
   / As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #34  
At 89 YO I just sprung bi-lateral hernias.........It doesn't hurt, but is worrisome to deal with when working...even when sitting around. Some say that surgery is the answer...... Hum-m-m....Never had any surgeries before and don't want to start now. Hell I'm slowing down quite a bit anyway.

Cheers,
Mike

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #35  
Conversation:
1: *fishes out a cigarette*
2: you should consider dropping that habit.
1: why?
2: not healthy.
1: so?
2: you'll live longer.
1: yeh, but those will be old-man years.
I've heard lung cancer is no fun.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #36  
Yes, my wife was a chain smoker all of her adult life. She died 14 years ago with lung cancer......after 4 years of chemo and radiation to no avail. But I did my best to take care of her.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #37  
I only made it 57 seconds. I'm DOOMED!!!!!! Maybe I'll try again sometime without a beer in my hand. 🍺
I'd heard something about getting up without using your hands a few years ago, and have been practicing ever since. It really isn't that hard.
I believe the real trick is staying active... how many of the posters who have made it to their 80s spent most of that time in a chair?
I'm going to stick my neck out and say "not many".

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #38  
Dying in general is no fun, unless you do it in your sleep while having a pleasant dream.

As for any prolonged agonizing death, I don't recommend it. I've never made any of my pets go through it....and with that thought, I don't plan to treat myself any worse than my pets, aight!

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #39  
I'm 77 now and cannot stand up and put my pants on. I can stand on one leg a few seconds without a lot of practice. When I was 55 I could ride my horse standing in the saddle but I started losing my balance at 60 and had to stop racing my horse in shows for fear of falling. Now I still ride a little but only when I feel my horse is calm enough and have to stand on something to get into the saddle. Walking and a little trot but no running now. I know if I get throwed my life as I know it will be gone but I can't give up riding yet.

I spent a couple of years in gyms doing all kinds of exercise to see if I could get my balance back and spoke with various doctors and they just say you lose your balance with old age and there is nothing you can do about it and to get off my danged horse. If he throws me I hope I will at least be in good enough condition to sit by my computer and tell y'all about it.

/ As we age, Growing old is the most extreme sport. #40  
I hurt my left inside knee end of 06 into summer 07. Around 08 I started doing exercise/therapy on my knees, one in the morning and the other in the evening. I stopped for a while now rehabbing from my partial left knee surgery.

I read the article about standing on one let a while ago. I tried it and can do it. Also when I do my one therapy I stand on one leg with my hands in my pocket and swing the other leg back and forth and this takes about a minute.

I do it because it strengthens my ankle and knee and helps with my balance.

I don't agree that if you can't do a minute you're going die sooner. I think that exercise, diet and attitude are more important.