Asking B2601 owners about traction...

/ Asking B2601 owners about traction... #11  
IMG_0653.JPG

Grooved the R4 tires to gain traction helped on our hillside. Also helped in what little snow we get. Gravels get stuck in groove act like studs. Need edges for snow.
IMG_0674.JPG

Mowing requires differential lock in a few places. Hillside work the differential lock gets used often.
IMG_1780.JPG

/ Asking B2601 owners about traction... #12  
At a certain slope angle, almost no tractor will be able to do much ground engagement work going up the hill with an implement sized for flat land. Maybe a 4' land plane isn't much of a load to pull? I don't know, I've never used one? I can pull a pretty full 7' box blade up the 10% grade on part of my driveway but not with it taking a cut out at the same time. Normally I always try to use my hills to my advantage and do more work pulling downhill than up.
Also for a dry or loose gravel driveway, big softly inflated turf tires might work better than narrower r1's? Especially if the rears are loaded. In dirt or clay or mud, R1's perform the best

/ Asking B2601 owners about traction...
He could work the gravel downhill then if there is a pile at the bottom, scoop it up and carry it back up hill, packing the roadway as you drive to the top. I use the differential lock to get out of sticky situations and will show him how to use it...

I will definitely recommend the rear tires to be loaded with rimguard.... does any know if you can have a front end loader and a weight bracket on the front of a B2601? I was able to "Build Your Own" at the Kubota website. It allowed to add it but not sure there is room for both the FEL and extra weight bar at the same time??? (not sure if I could add some to my L2800, either)

Thanks for all the comments, I will show him this thread... and let him make his own choice. I told him to talk to a couple of dealers about what they recommend!!