Asphalt milling for Driveway

/ Asphalt milling for Driveway #71  
Vibe rollers stop vibrating when they come to a stop so they don't make a divot. A fool operator can override this switch if he wants but we don't let them.

I'd like to point out that is a machine specific function, not a 100% industrry wide standard.

none of our vibe rollers stop vibrating when you roll to a stop. and it's not because the system is not functioning or bypassed.. its because our models didn't come with it! :)

we do similar to your setup.. use the vibes with traction tires on bed and base, not asphalt unless its a throw away or temp pave detour, or in that rare case of deep lift black base...

soundguy

/ Asphalt milling for Driveway #72  
Many thanks for the up to date information.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

you are pretty funny?...

i'm a civ-eng, and work for a road contractor right now.. have since 87.. and by the wording of your post.. i guess my info is not up to date.

hmm.. go figure.

not sure why i even bothered posting ???

sure learned my lesson again...

the prev poster does bring up good points.. paving a road in 110' heat in florida with no permafrost is a different technique than paving it across a tundra that either has a permafrost line, or freeze / thaw cycles constantly. different materials, different techniques, different machines.

kinda like paving across a swamp.. either stabilize with soil cement or make a perched roadbed ie.. bridge... or 6 other different ways.. :)

soundguy

/ Asphalt milling for Driveway #73  
I'd like to point out that is a machine specific function, not a 100% industrry wide standard.

none of our vibe rollers stop vibrating when you roll to a stop. and it's not because the system is not functioning or bypassed.. its because our models didn't come with it! :)

we do similar to your setup.. use the vibes with traction tires on bed and base, not asphalt unless its a throw away or temp pave detour, or in that rare case of deep lift black base...

soundguy
I was talking about rollers designed for hot top work with two steel rolls. The earthwork rollers as you say do not stop vibing automaticly.

/ Asphalt milling for Driveway #74  
you are pretty funny?../QUOTE]

So whats funny about Thanking A Person for some very GOOD information.:thumbsup::confused:

Well back in 87 I do have to admit that I'd already forgot a lot about asphalt. Didn't much care for it:eek:

Uh, got edumucation on that kind of stuff too. Even framed paper That could be hung on the wall if it could be found.:)

Course before that seem to recall an asphalt crew that was taking care of 400 ton an hour plant.

And, yup, built grade across more than one swamp.:)

Contractor was a subsiduary of one of the bigger American Companies.

/ Asphalt milling for Driveway #75  
you are pretty funny?../QUOTE]

So whats funny about Thanking A Person for some very GOOD information.:thumbsup::confused:

Well back in 87 I do have to admit that I'd already forgot a lot about asphalt. Didn't much care for it:eek:

Uh, got edumucation on that kind of stuff too. Even framed paper That could be hung on the wall if it could be found.:)

Course before that seem to recall an asphalt crew that was taking care of 400 ton an hour plant.

And, yup, built grade across more than one swamp.:)

Contractor was a subsiduary of one of the bigger American Companies.
Very pleased to meet you Egon if only on the net.
400tph?
thirty trucks, short haul. two pavers or one 24Ft plus wide and six rollers. Been there, done that,. seldom have that much plant to myself.
Crossing swamps I like to displace the muck that is there with shot rock from the bottom of the muck to four feet above the water line. Then let it settle for six months or more before adding our usual four feet of sand ,gravel, crushed rock base courses, topped with eight and a half inches of asphalt pavement applied in three lifts.,4+3+1.5