Comparison Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment

/ Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment
I ended up buying a new NH PowerStar 75.

The only cab model that the Kubota dealer had was a M5-111; M4 and M7060 were on backorder. So I started comparing the M5-111 with the NH PowerStar 100. The PowerStar cab was just so nice it set me on the NH path. Both dealers are great, so I could focus on just the tractor.

Once I committed to NH, I looked more closely at PowerStar specs beyond HP; e.g., loader functionality, tractor weight, etc. Both my dealer and I agreed the PowerStar 75 is more than enough for my property.

Either way, I'm happy with the choice but expect to buy more equipment from both of these dealers.

Thanks for the comments.

/ Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment #12  

The only cab model that the Kubota dealer had was a M5-111; M4 and M7060 were on backorder. So I started comparing the M5-111 with the NH PowerStar 100. The PowerStar cab was just so nice it set me on the NH path. Both dealers are great, so I could focus on just the tractor.

Once I committed to NH, I looked more closely at PowerStar specs beyond HP; e.g., loader functionality, tractor weight, etc. Both my dealer and I agreed the PowerStar 75 is more than enough for my property.

Either way, I'm happy with the choice but expect to buy more equipment from both of these dealers.

Thanks for the comments.

Well, good. I hope you let us know how this turns out and how you like the NH. I've been curious about the new group of higher hp machines and look forward to hearing about them.
rScotty

/ Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment #13  

Thanks for the comments.
Great tractor, I like the fact that there is no regeneration garbage on this Series.
Like rScotty asked, please keep us informed on how it goes.

/ Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment #14  

Thanks for the comments.
I bought a CIH Farmall 75C. Same tractor different color. Like it a lot. Dealer consideration was out the window for me since their are none anywhere close. So I picked the make and model purely on value and features. NH PS75 and CIH 75C topped the list.

/ Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment #15  
Great tractor, I like the fact that there is no regeneration garbage on this Series.
Like rScotty asked, please keep us informed on how it goes.
There's an emissions threshold at 75hp that means most (all?) manufacturers are able to meet it without a DPF or SCR. It's not particular to New Holland.

/ Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment #16  
There's an emissions threshold at 75hp that means most (all?) manufacturers are able to meet it without a DPF or SCR. It's not particular to New Holland.
I didn’t think it was that simple. My 75c just has a DOC. Other tractors in that size have more equipment than that in MY2021 or newer From my research. But that info is hard to get on all tractors.

/ Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment #17  

The allowable limits for how much of specific emissions are allowed vary by the engine power and pertain to anybody making off-road diesel engines. The EPA doesn't care how the limits are met, they only care that they are met, and that the emissions equipment is warrantied for a certain period of time.

There are actually 8 different size categories of off-road engines and there are some small differences between some size tiers in what they are allowed to emit (e.g. <11 HP vs. 11-25 HP for pretty much all tested emissions) and some big differences (e.g. 25 HP vs. anything higher for soot emissions.) There is a fairly large increase in the amount of nitrogen oxides than a 75 HP engine can emit vs. a >75 HP engine, which is why all engines larger than 75 HP have SCR- no manufacturer has found a way to meet the NOx emissions targets without it. They have found two different ways to meet the soot targets, either EGR + an "always hot" DOC or an intermittently-hot DPF. Some makers chose EGR + DOC, others chose the DPF.

/ Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment #18  
I had a Kubota M5-111 I bought at auction. It had low hours but was used and abused. These are good tractors. I didn’t have any issues after I fixed the problems it had when I got it. I personally would go Deere, Kubota, Massey, then New Holland/ Case. I’m not a big fan of the Italian owned brand though.

/ Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment #19  

Thanks for the comments.
Looks like JD is trying to directly compete against the CNH PS/Farmall line with the new “premium cab” e series. Watched a vid of a walk around and the newest 5075 e premium cab and it is almost exactly a powerstar.

/ Assume dealer and price are equal, does Kubota beat NH in mid-size (100hp+) segment #20  
All I'll say is compare the number of NH and CIH 100 Hp tractors ( a lot) out in service to the number of Kubotas (not many).
Not many.

Attachments

• IMG_20220805_155412.jpg
    IMG_20220805_155412.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 74