At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,341  
I took some pictures today while the autumn colors are in full bloom. Wow the trees are pretty!

attachment.php

Last year I didn't notice the colors so much because we were still in the middle of the construction fog. When we purchased the property I imagined the house and property would be very pretty. But then, after seeing the house site in such disarray for such a long time, it can get a little hard to see the end result. So now I'm almost surprised at how much I'm enjoying the beauty of the place. Yes, we still have more junk to clean up. All in good time.

Attachments

• IMG_2116.JPG
    IMG_2116.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2124.JPG
    IMG_2124.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_2122.JPG
    IMG_2122.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2125.JPG
    IMG_2125.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_2129.JPG
    IMG_2129.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2133.JPG
    IMG_2133.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_2135.JPG
    IMG_2135.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 161
   / At Home In The Woods #3,342  
Obed...It is really beautiful....many people drive hundreds of miles to see such fall foliage.. You just look out your window...gotta love the country life...Our trees are changing to and are spectacular.

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,343  
Obed...It is really beautiful....many people drive hundreds of miles to see such fall foliage.. You just look out your window...gotta love the country life...Our trees are changing to and are spectacular.
Thanks Brin. Yes, the country life is great as so many of us on TBN know. I'm just starting to remember how much I enjoyed living at our last house which was on 8 acres out in the country. That's been a few years. I can remember enjoying watching the moon come up over the trees on the opposite side of our field beside the house. Do you have any pictures of the colors at your place?
Obed

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,344  
Our first fire of the season!

attachment.php

What you can't see behind the couch is a wheelbarrow full of firewood.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.JPG
    IMG_2136.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 848
   / At Home In The Woods #3,345  
and how did it go? Are your problems all straighten out with the fireplace?

Beautiful pictures and a fantastic thread thanks to you and the wife. You got a real keeper there Obed. She was worth the price of a marriage license. : )

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,346  
and how did it go? Are your problems all straighten out with the fireplace?
PAGUY,
Our Quadrafire fireplace is still a question mark. The last action was early summer when I had the fireplace manager out to our house and showed him how the combustion air control (ACC) seemed to be manufactured in a questionable manner. When he was here he noticed the baffle on the top of the firebox was out of place and he rearranged it. He told me I should build a fire and check the fireplace. My wife said she knew all about the baffle and was 100% certain the baffle was positioned correctly when we had made the previous fire that did not burn well. Since outdoor temps were in the 90s, I declined building a fire until the weather got cool.

There is a Quadrafire dealer about an hour from here that has our model fireplace in their showroom. That dealer said I could come look at their fireplace so I could compare our ACC control to the one on their fireplace. I just haven't made it out there yet.

Last night's fire burned well. The wood was mostly ash which seems to burn like pine. The ash firewood has been in our garage for the past 6 months so it should be very dry. We'll just have to see how the fireplace burns the next few months. I do have the option of dismantling the "automatic" part of the air control. Doing so appears that it would allow more air into the firebox because the air opening would be bigger.

Beautiful pictures and a fantastic thread thanks to you and the wife. You got a real keeper there Obed. She was worth the price of a marriage license. : )
Thanks. Yes, she is a keeper. Sometimes I don't know how she puts up with me. I have told her more than once that I paid $25 for her and that I wanted my money's worth. I believe the investment has paid off. Let's not tell her though because we don't want it to go to her head.

Obed

/ At Home In The Woods #3,347  
That`s a nice looking fire....I was under the impression that a fireplace that was supposed to burn for a long time with just one load of wood in it, would sort of just burn really low, like smouldering?? I personally like a brightly burning fire, and as yours is I would think it to be getting plenty of air.:)

The place sure is looking good, and I look forward to the garden plans,, and us all having as best a winter as we can...Tony

/ At Home In The Woods
#3,348  
tony Cecil said:
That`s a nice looking fire....I was under the impression that a fireplace that was supposed to burn for a long time with just one load of wood in it, would sort of just burn really low, like smouldering?? I personally like a brightly burning fire, and as yours is I would think it to be getting plenty of air.:)

The place sure is looking good, and I look forward to the garden plans,, and us all having as best a winter as we can...Tony
Tony,
The air control was wide open in the picture. We turned down the air control after the fire got going.

My wife is looking forward to the garden. She didn't get to plant one the past two summers. The soil in the garden area seems pretty good. The big question is going to be if the garden will get enough sunlight. If there's not enough sunlight, I guess we'll have some clearing of more woods in our future.

/ At Home In The Woods #3,349  
PAGUY,

Thanks. Yes, she is a keeper. Sometimes I don't know how she puts up with me. I have told her more than once that I paid $25 for her and that I wanted my money's worth. I believe the investment has paid off. Let's not tell her though because we don't want it to go to her head.

Obed

I think that is just too funny. Reason: My wife paid for the license 40 years ago and she still keeps me around without reminding me of that fact.;)

/ At Home In The Woods #3,350  
No question about the sun light...Our place is on the side of the hill and looks westward..We barely get enough sunlight, and the trees are very mature, so that has not helped the garden.....I would suggest you plant some Blueberry bushed, sort as a clump....I planted some Burning bush and they are totally useless, and if I had had someone to suggest Blueberries, I would now have some mature bushes with plenty of fruit......Furthermore they take a fair amount of sun also...Tony