At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #4,741  
I just cleaned out some hickory nuts from the manifold of my truck yesterday left by mice! Little rascals will get about anywhere! I'll have to use that trap near my outside truck, thanks for that tip.

Wow, Obed, I haven't checked your house in woods thread in a while - you might just beat ole Eddie's building a lake thread! And that takes some doing!

/ At Home In The Woods #4,742  
I just cleaned out some hickory nuts from the manifold of my truck yesterday left by mice! Little rascals will get about anywhere! I'll have to use that trap near my outside truck, thanks for that tip.

Wow, Obed, I haven't checked your house in woods thread in a while - you might just beat ole Eddie's building a lake thread! And that takes some doing!

Hmm, I did nothing to make a double post. Wonder what is happening?

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,743  
Now for the mice...do what I did and make this and put one wherever you keep your vehicles or tractor - it works.

Making a 5 gal. bucket mouse trap. - YouTube

Wait a minute Obed....didn't you post this youtube mouse trap a long time ago...? I can't remember but someone on TBN posted it...
Bob, yes I did. The 5 gallon bucket mouse trap works extremely well. I've copied the post below. I haven't put it outside though. I should probably relocate it to sit outside by the truck or by the tractor.

If you remember, a few weeks ago I made a mouse trap using a bucket.

I didn't put any water in the bucket to see if I could catch the mice alive. I caught no mice that way. There were mouse droppings in the bucket so I know the peanut butter was attracting the mice.

Last night my wife and I could hear a mouse inside one of our walls chewing on something in our wall. The mouse was inside an area where the duct shown in the picture runs between the basement ceiling and the 1st floor ceiling. Our sympathies for the mice quickly abated.

attachment.php

So last night I put fresh peanut butter in the bucket trap and added 3" of water to the bucket. This morning I found 2 dead mice! Yay! The bucket trap is a very effective device. It's much better than risking putting out poison. Plus, when using poison, you don't necessarilly know how well the poison is working. The bucket is also better than the traditional spring type mouse traps because the spring traps only catch one mouse at a time. You have to continually bait them and reset them. The bucket trap can catch several mice at a time.

/ At Home In The Woods #4,746  
OK. For some reason I found this funny. You use Have-A-Hart live traps so you can shoot the critters with a gun.

MoKelly

Yeah, I thought about that, but whatever works. I don't like poisons, and couldn't use something that other animals would get injured by. Dang chipmunks were chewing off the roots of the wife's perennials in the flower beds. The cat would catch a few but they were getting out of control. The flower bed was ringed by stacked rocks making that the perfect chipmunk place.

/ At Home In The Woods #4,747  
If chimfex was such a great product, ask your self, why is it that so few fire departments use it? What do we use... nothing more than basic ABC dry chemical.

Hopefully do you have a large (5-10lb) dry chem extinguisher near the wood stove?

You cant use a fire extinguisher because all you would do is to put the fire in the stove out, the actuall chimney will still be burning the flare type things send chemicals up to suffocate the fire in the chimney.

/ At Home In The Woods #4,748  
You cant use a fire extinguisher because all you would do is to put the fire in the stove out, the actuall chimney will still be burning the flare type things send chemicals up to suffocate the fire in the chimney.

and how exactly is the material burning in the chimney getting air?

From the fire box.

Dry chem does get pulled up the flue.

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,749  
My mother has moved in with us due to some health issues. She has been here for about a month. She has trouble getting out of normal height chairs so I made a platform out of some scraps in order to raise her recliner 4 inches.

IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0252.JPG IMG_0253.JPG

/ At Home In The Woods #4,750  
Nice job man. :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about your mother, but I'm gonna guess she's in pretty good hands.