At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,891  
   / At Home In The Woods #4,892  
   / At Home In The Woods #4,893  
ptgdigger, thanks. I'll check the idler pulley too. Obed

The idler pulley should spin very smoothly , if there is even the slightest rough spot or tick in a full rotation - replace it.
The worn pulley will occasionally "stall" causing the belt to slide over it rather than spinning it , which in turn causes the belt to run much hotter than designed , a hot belt stretches more than a cool belt leading to more slippage and reduced drive power.

Ray

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,894  
I installed second bathroom fan timer, this time in the master bath.

IMG_0355.JPG IMG_0363.JPG IMG_0364.JPG IMG_0365.JPG IMG_0367.JPG

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,895  
I laid out more pallets for my second round firewood stack.

IMG_0368.JPG

/ At Home In The Woods
#4,896  
More turkeys visited the back yard yesterday.

IMG_0370.JPG

If you look carefully, you can see that one of the turkeys is white, an albino.

IMG_0373.JPG IMG_0374.JPG IMG_0375.JPG

Here you can see a male strutting his stuff.

IMG_0377.JPG IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0380.JPG

/ At Home In The Woods #4,897  
My idler last summer locked up< the bearing ground down and fell apart and let the pulley slop around and wobble eventually binding up allowing the belt to burn a groove in it. I replaced the idler and still have the old belt even though I have a replacement. The pulley will just loosen up every so often so I keep tightening it. I think the main problem is not able to get a long wrench and get leverage to tighten it down really good. Its a terrible design, and I keep threatening to cut an access hole with my grinder in the back to get my arms in there better.

/ At Home In The Woods #4,898  
That turkey ay just have some domesticated turkey crossed into its bloodline somewhere. The things get loose all the time and take up with the wild flocks, and will breed with them as long as they don't get eaten by a Yote. After all they don't really "blend" with the surroundings well.

/ At Home In The Woods #4,899  
When belts slip they also glaze and then they slip more until you go nowhere. Sometimes when they slip badly enough they burn up. When you inspect the belts look at the side wall of the belt by turning it, an if it looks glazed or is cracked or missing pieces then replace it. After removing the belt, spin the pulley by hand and if it wobbles, stops, has up and down play in the vertical axis, etc. then replace it.

/ At Home In The Woods #4,900  
I don't know if its the same for turkeys but when a deer is partially white and partially brown it is called piebald. Looks like what you have.