At Home In The Woods

/ At Home In The Woods #5,021  
More people ought to realize they can optimize and reduce their space requirements, and add beauty at the same time with custom cabinetry.

Really, now
?

deerpopcorn_zpsf8ceca28.gif

/ At Home In The Woods #5,022  
Dave and Jay, I got a real laugh out of that.

Now that you mention it, I did make a comment to my wife the other day about a possible location for a tractor shed. Dave, is my house bugged?
Obed

The wife always wins. :thumbsup:

/ At Home In The Woods #5,023  
:laughing: I'm not sure if I should be flattered or pizzed Dave. :laughing: Bastid. :laughing:

Okay, it might have been a tad manipulative, but it was done with respect and sincerity. :laughing:

/ At Home In The Woods #5,025  
Dave and Jay, I got a real laugh out of that.

Now that you mention it, I did make a comment to my wife the other day about a possible location for a tractor shed. Dave, is my house bugged?
Obed

No bugging required. It is a predictable and entirely natural progression: Man buys tools, man builds shop. :laughing:

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,026  
My Shopping/Wish List

• Drill Press
• Radial Saw or Miter Saw
• Bench Grinder
• Bench Vise
• Welding magnets
• Safety goggles
• Wire wheel for angle grinder
• 10" drop hitch
• 2 inch hitch ball Qty=2

/ At Home In The Woods
#5,027  
When I get around to welding my ball mount to the box blade, I am going to need to drill at least a 3/4" dia. hole in 1/4" thick steel for a 2" ball. I've looked at some step drills for doing the task. I just don't know if I will be able to successfully drill that big of a hole through 1/4" steel with my Dewalt hand drill. Here's a pair of cheap step drills at HF.

Do you guys have any experience with these? Or do you have any suggestions on how I can drill the hole?

Attachments

• StepDrills.gif
    StepDrills.gif
    44.8 KB · Views: 435
   / At Home In The Woods #5,029  
When I get around to welding my ball mount to the box blade, I am going to need to drill at least a 3/4" dia. hole in 1/4" thick steel for a 2" ball. I've looked at some step drills for doing the task. I just don't know if I will be able to successfully drill that big of a hole through 1/4" steel with my Dewalt hand drill. Here's a pair of cheap step drills at HF.

Do you guys have any experience with these? Or do you have any suggestions on how I can drill the hole?

These bits are for sheet metal no thicker than the steps for sure use a hole saw.

035781092265lg.jpg

tom