Rotary Cutter ataching howse rotary cutter (bush hog ) to trac..

/ ataching howse rotary cutter (bush hog ) to trac.. #11  
The PTO ends on my implements have 3 types of release form the stays. Two have push buttons, one has the black collar that turns and the last type has a black collar the pulls back to release the stay. The easiest to attach is the one that pulls back.

Al

/ ataching howse rotary cutter (bush hog ) to trac.. #12  
Jutt,
I think the collar should pull back to retract the bump while you push the implement shaft on the tractor shaft. If this doesn't happen, as others have suggested, there is a problem with one of the shafts.

TK

/ ataching howse rotary cutter (bush hog ) to trac.. #13  
Did you call Howse and ask them? I had good luck contacting the manufacturer when I had a similar problem with understanding how my KK drive shaft hooked up to my pto.

Here's the Howse web site, and their customer service number is on the first page.

/ ataching howse rotary cutter (bush hog ) to trac.. #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The black collar on the shaft won't turn either way, left or right or back and forth. When I line up the splines, it will go on about a 1/2 inch onto the pto shaft before a raised "bump" in one of the groove's of the drive shaft stops it from going on any further. )</font>
I have to agree with the others then, you have the type that pulls back. Get a good grip on the shaft behind the collar with one hand, and use the other hand to pull it back. Hold the shaft up to the PTO and align it, push it on all the way and let go of the collar. Then pull back to lock in place. I hope this works without your having to go to the dealer. John

/ ataching howse rotary cutter (bush hog ) to trac.. #15  
Thanks for all the replys. I got this figured out. The collar twists and was stuck due the spring loaded pin inside of the collar being rusty. Took off the snap ring, seperated the collar and then lubricated the pin. This allowed the raised "bump" to move out of the way and the shaft to lock into place.

/ ataching howse rotary cutter (bush hog ) to trac.. #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The collar twists and was stuck due the spring loaded pin inside of the collar being rusty. Took off the snap ring, seperated the collar and then lubricated the pin. )</font>
glad to hear you got it figured out. It was beginning to bother me that I could have been wrong. Would have been the first time ever you know. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John