atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35

/ atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35 #1  

moonmonkey

Tractor
l300f kubota
i bought a kioti dk 35 that came with a 5' wide bushhog ,brand bush hog. first time useing it today.and it makes the tractor shake when i engage the pto to spin up the bushhog. i have never used a bush hog before so i am not sure how much shakeing is accepatable, it seemed to smooth out a little as i used it, but ,how do i tell if my bush hog is out of balance, it does still mow grass fairly well. (hard to explain to everyone , how much it vibrates/shakes ) but i dont hear any rattleing or knocking noises.

/ atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35 #2  
Make sure the blades on your mower are loose and swinging freely. I find that is generally the cause of vibration on mine - one or both blades are sticking and centrifugal force is not strong enough to point both blades exactly opposite each other so I have to lube the pivot points and manually move the blades until they swing freely. If they are swinging freely then the blades are not exactly equal in weight and you'll have to take them off and grind the heavier one down to match the weight of the lighter one. Last possibility is that somehow the shaft from the gearbox got bent.

/ atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35 #3  
deserteagle gave good info. Only thing I can add and suspect is most likely the issue, you are not running it at the proper rpm speed. On the tach it will show 540 with a mark on the rpm or one of the other of those indicators where the proper engine rpm is to run your cutter. People who are not use to running a cutter on a tractor often don't realize you really push the engine's rpm towards the max.

You have checked the oil level in the gearbox and greased the pto shaft (runs between tractor and cutter), there is a universal joint on each end of that shaft. Also you do have the shaft locked in place on the cutter and the tractor's pto?

A bushog (a brand) or rough cutter mower should not produce much vibration. Do be careful with that mower, they can throw a stone or piece of wood with more force then you will think. Can damage a car and even kill.

/ atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35 #4  
They are semi-violent on start up. It's recommended that you start them up at a low rpm and once they are spinning and engaged, ramp up to pto 540 speed.

/ atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35 #5  
If it is a used unit, it could have been abused. A new one should not vibrate excessively. Good advice above on what to check.

BTW...want to reinforce the danger these things pose. Do not operated near people or animals. A buddy was operating one and it flung a rock through the windshield of a SxS. No one hurt, but it could have been a very serious accident. Mine has thrown rocks 50 ft. Set it up do the front is about 2" higher than the rear. I see some with chains on the back to minimize thrown debris...a good idea.

/ atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35 #6  
If it is a used unit, it could have been abused. A new one should not vibrate excessively. Good advice above on what to check.

BTW...want to reinforce the danger these things pose. Do not operated near people or animals. A buddy was operating one and it flung a rock through the windshield of a SxS. No one hurt, but it could have been a very serious accident. Mine has thrown rocks 50 ft. Set it up do the front is about 2" higher than the rear. I see some with chains on the back to minimize thrown debris...a good idea.

I normally set up front LOWER than the rear, about 1". This takes less HP to run, you are only cutting the material once. Setting the front higher than the rear, does mulch better, since you are cutting the material twice. But take more HP to use.

/ atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35 #7  
Check that the stump jumper isn't loose.

There will typically be a bit of vibration until things get up to speed, but it shouldn't be violent.

/ atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35 #8  
Check that both blades are on the mower and that one of them isn’t broken.

/ atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35 #9  
I normally set up front LOWER than the rear, about 1". This takes less HP to run, you are only cutting the material once. Setting the front higher than the rear, does mulch better, since you are cutting the material twice. But take more HP to use.
So do I.
I run the front lower than the rear..

/ atot of vibration when i run bushhog on kioti dk 35 #10  
A bushog (a brand) or rough cutter mower should not produce much vibration. Do be careful with that mower, they can throw a stone or piece of wood with more force then you will think. Can damage a car and even kill.

Great reminder. I have been a little complacent lately.