Attaching 16' shed rafters to old tobacco barn.

/ Attaching 16' shed rafters to old tobacco barn. #11  
I love buying nuts/bolts at TSC, but the local store stopped carrying galvanized, which is a real bummer. I used to go there for all my outdoor projects with treated lumber. When paying by the piece at other stores, it costs a whole lot more.

/ Attaching 16' shed rafters to old tobacco barn. #12  
If I am thinking ahead I like to go to Bolt Depot's website and order my nuts and bolts ahead of time from them. Saves a ton of money and they have a great selection. I shed a tear on the rare occasion that I need to buy a bolt from Lowes or HD...what crooks they are when it comes to hardware!!

www.boltdepot.com

Joe

/ Attaching 16' shed rafters to old tobacco barn.
If I am thinking ahead I like to go to Bolt Depot's website and order my nuts and bolts ahead of time from them. Saves a ton of money and they have a great selection. I shed a tear on the rare occasion that I need to buy a bolt from Lowes or HD...what crooks they are when it comes to hardware!!

www.boltdepot.com

Joe

thanks for the BoltDepot link. Will save quite a bit on what I pay at Lowes for Tap-cons, etc, but I could not find anything resembling the Timber-lock timber screws mentioned by s219. I know they won't have all the patented and proprietary screws but perhaps I just am not familiar enough with how to use their site.

/ Attaching 16' shed rafters to old tobacco barn. #14  
thanks for the BoltDepot link. Will save quite a bit on what I pay at Lowes for Tap-cons, etc, but I could not find anything resembling the Timber-lock timber screws mentioned by s219. I know they won't have all the patented and proprietary screws but perhaps I just am not familiar enough with how to use their site.

Unfortunately they don't carry anything like that, and their wood screw selection is pretty crappy in my opinion, but the price on carriage/hex/lag bolts is great. I always order more than I need so the shipping doesn't feel so bad...amazing how many uses I have found for 1/2" diameter carriage bolts. I bought some of the assortments of grade 8 bolts as well, and have been thankful for that many times. The steel containers they ship them in are great, and I try to refill the empty spots whenever I place a bolt order.

Joe