Backhoe Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch
Thats your actuator / sensing rod, just like my Kubota's. Mine had a cotter pin for removal and it defeats the draft movement when disconnected.

Another way I could defeat it, since the rocker link pin has to be pulled anyway to connect the backhoe, would be to use a different pin that does not have the cam on the back that engages the rod. I may look into a bushing for the left side of the link, after all.

Doh! (Sound of hand slapping forehead.) Silly me. That's not going to work.
The cam is on the rocker and not on the pin.

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #73  
Cute little tractor in that video btw.

That's pretty condescending there Mr. Big Time Operator. We all get it that you run big equipment and we don't.

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #74  
You went back 22 posts to extract my comment... I'm impressed with that. I'm not impressed with the fact that you gained zilch from the conversation except that. I do run big tractors and I did own a small one years ago. What I use tractors for entails the use of big ones, not small ones.

Still a cute tractor.

Big tractors = big payments, until they are paid for which in my case applies.

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #75  
That's pretty condescending there Mr. Big Time Operator. We all get it that you run big equipment and we don't.

Actually, the M9000 isn't that much bigger than the OP's 5555, other than HP. And like I said earlier, I run out of traction at 6500lbs long before I run out of power. But I don't swing a 10' rotary cutter or sickle bar.

Mad Mac,
I don't think you can defeat the draft control without removing the rocker completely and fabricating another top link connector. The pin is larger at one point because the 3pt can be used as either a class 1 or 2. You should have a second set of pins just above or below the ones your using. You flip the arms end for end and they fit the other class pin size.

Actually, the M9000 isn't that much bigger than the OP's 5555, other than HP. And like I said earlier, I run out of traction at 6500lbs long before I run out of power. But I don't swing a 10' rotary cutter or sickle bar.

Mad Mac,
I don't think you can defeat the draft control without removing the rocker completely and fabricating another top link connector. The pin is larger at one point because the 3pt can be used as either a class 1 or 2. You should have a second set of pins just above or below the ones your using. You flip the arms end for end and they fit the other class pin size.

Uh... the arms have a swivel ball with two different size holes for pins. Or, maybe I don't understand.

And yes, the 5555 weighs 6,000 pounds.

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #77  
Uh... the arms have a swivel ball with two different size holes for pins. Or, maybe I don't understand.

And yes, the 5555 weighs 6,000 pounds.

No, you have it right. But mine don't seem to fit right unless I flip them.

That's about what I thought on weight. About 100lbs lighter than a M9000 ROPS. Add the loader and you're about 7500lbs, about a K over my 4025.

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #78  
Having read posts in this thread each day, I thought a few constructive comments were needed.

I would treat a 3PL mount backhoe very gently. Take a few minutes to understand the forces, shock loads and stresses which are not just applied, but in a lot of instances multiplied, to points which IMHO are not designed to take such forces. Are you sure your tractor's rear casings, 3PL mounting points and overall strength up to the task?

MadMac & tkevan - different manufacturers use different ways to provide multiple-category compatibility, be it reversible arms with bushes to insert if required, or double holes in ball-ends with shouldered attachment pins if required - whatever is applicable is a real convenience in later-model machines.

That said ..... keep in mind the possibility of attaching an implement which is unsuitable for the tractor - think safety, also warranty issues as previously mentioned.

5030 - we all should realise our machines are generally sized to fit our widely-varied requirements, budgets, tastes & preferences, plus a lot of other factors. Additionally, we aren't all farmers, earthmoving/hay-making/slashing/clearing/other contractors or mere enthusiasts either. Some of us are retired, having had decades of productive time "in the saddle" or maintaining and repairing machinery for owners, whilst others are still working in these capacities, and obviously enjoying it (in overall terms). I can't recall just what type of operation you have, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind enlightening me!

Therefore, we should, and generally do, show appropriate respect toward each other and keep in mind the whole idea of this and similar website(s) is to assist each other, swap information and ideas, provide technical and practical help if possible. At least, that's what I try to do.
BTW, your tractors are almost the same size as my sister's three - 2 Cases & a Fendt. She has her own dairy farm here in Aust - a milking herd of 300-320 Holstein-Friesians and four staff on board. I visit for a few days as often as I can to help with some maintenance here and there - love it there!

Here are a few typical pics:

DSC00932.jpgDSC00925.jpgDSC00947.jpg

I also checked a few pics of your model Kubotas - they're kinda "cute" too!

Maybe this is comparable to your next tractor?
http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/uploads/post-415-1154317017.jpg

Mate, with utmost respect, we all understand it's "horses for courses" but people have vastly different tasks they need their machines to do.
At the end of the day, let's all be gentlemen (and ladies) and understanding toward each other. Life needs to be easier, not more difficult.

May each and every day be safe, productive, enjoyable and rewarding for you, and everyone else who reads this!

Spare a thought for all the unfortunate folk currently battling huge floods in Texas - my thoughts and prayers are certainly with them!
Having experienced a few floods in my time, it's certainly no fun.

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #79  
..................."5030 - we all should realise our machines are generally sized to fit our widely-varied requirements, budgets, tastes & preferences, plus a lot of other factors. Additionally, we aren't all farmers, earthmoving/hay-making/slashing/clearing/other contractors or mere enthusiasts either. Some of us are retired, having had decades of productive time "in the saddle" or maintaining and repairing machinery for owners, whilst others are still working in these capacities, and obviously enjoying it (in overall terms). I can't recall just what type of operation you have, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind enlightening me!......."

You answered it. earthmoving as in tillage and making hay on large plots all require a stout tractor with some arse (and appropriate price tag). I like 'little cute tractors too..... Problem little don't work in my venue. Most of my implements weigh thousands of pounds and require at least 75 pto ponies to run efficiently. I don't mow lawns or tool around, I work my units and I work them hard. I have a lawnmower for the grass and it's not a 'cute' tractor. It's a zero turn rider (Cub Cadet M60 Tank) and it only mows the grass, something I don't like to do anyway.... I'd rather bale it and sell or feed it to my steers.

No hydrostats here, gear drive, multispeed with shuttle shift, cabs are required, Front Wheel assist, air ride seat, air conditioning, 2 way business band radio, Global Positioning System and a 'koozie' on the dash with an appropriate beverage for those long dawn to dusk days in the tractor.... and a long gun behind the seat just in case I see a 'yote' in the field, no point in not removing them when available.

They are all 'cute'. It's economy of scale in my view. When you have a couple hundred grand tied up in prime movers and attachments, you's better be serious about your plan or you'll soon be bankrupt.

/ Attaching a Backhoe to the 3-Point Hitch #80  
Yes, amen to that! In this day and age efficiency is a must, and it's not getting any easier to achieve either. While we speak a somewhat different dialect, it all seems to add up to the same answer ..... we need the appropriate machine for the job. What you're describing as tillage which seems to be a general term, we over here call it ploughing but I've also heard it referred to as "farming".:laughing:
I don't want to hijack Mad Mac's topic, but I'm interested in all things agricultural in Nth America - must be my boyhood returning. :confused:
Do you do round or square bales? How many in a typical season? How's this coming season shaping up? What type of hay - alfalfa? Lucerne here ... I'm learning :D

Found another pic for you:
DSC00923.jpg

Genuine State roadsign :) Just like the site's icon! :thumbsup: