ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP

/ ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP
Sunnyside360,

Thanks for the well wishes I live in SW Minnesota, have a 400' driveway and I'm at retirement age so the neck issue is a problem, perhaps if I were 20 years younger not-ta so spending the $$$ now for the Front Mount Blower is well worth it for me and my wife so she doesn't have to listen to me complain, a great excuse to dump the JD3010 and pick-up the JD790 and JD59. :laughing: I see my other two kits from Weingartz are on there way so I'll post the instructions once received........:thumbsup:

Received the last two Retro Kits and here is the final results, the BM21379 Kit (as marked on the box from JD) came with Installation Instructions created in 1995 so the Kit Number must have been updated as the 790 was introduced (attached). I attached the BM16855 Kit Installation Instructions to a previous posting and BM21660 Kit did not come with Installation Instructions. I created pictorial summaries of each kit's contents with PNs applicable to the JD790 so people could see what's in each kit. I hope this helps future 790 owners as they search for attaching hardware to mount a JD59. In creating these pictorial illustrations I simply took digital pictures, imported them into MS Power Point, added text and saved as a PDF, quick and easy and not much space. Enjoy

Attachments

• BM21379 Front PTO Drive Kit.pdf
    603.6 KB · Views: 243
  • BM16855 FRONT HITCH KIT.pdf
    225.9 KB · Views: 385
  • BM21379 FRONT DRIVE KIT.pdf
    244 KB · Views: 248
  • BM21660 PTO DRIVESHAFT KIT.pdf
    311.3 KB · Views: 345
   / ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #13  
In creating these pictorial illustrations I simply took digital pictures, imported them into MS Power Point, added text and saved as a PDF, quick and easy and not much space. Enjoy

Great job, Sriddle1ny!!!

THANKS ROY.......HOWEVER :(

Noticed an error in the FRONT HITCH KIT BM16855 in my previous posting. I called out the wrong Hydraulic Cylinder Part Number so here's the "REVISION" to the picture of the Kit's Contents..... SORRY ABOUT THAT :ashamed:

Attachments

• BM16855 FRONT HITCH KIT PIC Rev A.pdf
    226.1 KB · Views: 175
   / ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #15  
Glad you were able to finally get all the pieces, what a hassle! Great documentation for others to follow, too.

You WILL enjoy that front-mount set-up, in spite of its complexity. That was the main reason I got my SCUT a few years ago, for the front-mount blower. Works fantastically well, especially compared to a walk-behind!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2:23:09-1.JPG
    2:23:09-1.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 178
irvingj, Like you I purchased the used JD790 specifically to drive the JD 59" snow blower. Thanks for the compliment about the documentation; when I was "somebody" in my own mind, I was a technical manual writer creating documents for the Navy in the 80s so I try to include the details that always seem to be left out. I will be creating a detailed procedure and include part and tool callouts required to install all three retro kits making the 790 "ready" to receive the JD59.

/ ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #17  
"I was a technical manual writer creating documents for the Navy"....

Ah ha! I knew it!

Anyway, really good job with that; it looked as though this wasn't your first time using pics to describe a procedure. (Wanna do one for the timing belt change on a VW BEW diesel?:D)

You're going to love a front-mount blower!

irvingj,

Having written Manuals I really get annoyed when Operator's Manuals don't refer to a given Part using the same Part Name as in their Illustrated Parts Breakdowns so you can easily refer to them. I really like JD's on-line Parts Catalog :thumbsup: Military Technical Manuals required each step to call-out the tool required to perform that task making it simple to have a summary list of tools needed in the beginning rather than endless swapping of sockets, etc....:confused3: I wish commercial manuals did the same.......OK off the Soapbox..........

I do have a 2010 VW TDI Station Wagon but I'm not one to venture into anything except preventative maintenance tasks, if there's a screw to strip or a bolt to round-off I'm qualified. Case-in-Point: When I was stationed in Pearl Harbor on a Guided Missle Destroyer in the 70's I purchased a 1958 Mercedes, took it to the Auto-Hobby-Shop and with manual in hand ready to do my 1st tune-up I chalk marked the distributer and as I laid it on the workbench with oil covered hands and unbeknownst to me there went the chalk mark and so 3 days later after messing around each and every day for 8 hours :confused2: I had to hire someone to get it back running. That's when I said to myself never ever venture into forbidden waters so-to-speak. Here in MN farmers teach their children when they're very young how to maintain their complex equipment and so they can tear-down a Tractor or Combine's transmission as a normal day's task, pretty amazing and a far cry from when I grew-up in NJ and no clue about tools, etc......

/ ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #19  
I have a new old stock BM16855 if somebody is looking for one.

/ ATTN JD790 Owners w/59" Blower.....HELP #20  
I'm trying to accomplish exactly the same operation you have accomplished now I guess 3 years later. I found the JD dealer not informative and really seemingly unwilling to help, I'm happy to have found your tread.....something to go on. I am just about to assemble the three kits you described. I wonder if you have any updates 3 years later?.....