atv and utv year-around use (and in snow)

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
For years we used work snowmobiles to tow implements with in snow. Bully's as well but that's another topic. About 15 years ago we got an atv and pods for it to test and a few yeas later we gave up on sleds. Now we use the same machine year around. Pictured below is of our personal machine which we use year around.
6x6plowbig04.jpg
6x6418.jpg

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow)
If anyone here would like a machine that is quite easy to operate in snow, yet can work over the summer. Feel free to ask me any questions here.
1695039035264.jpeg
1695038988754.jpeg
1695038929141.jpeg

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #3  
UTVs are very useful

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #5  
We started out with ATVs in the early 90s wife son and . Son lost interest wife turned one over so they sat mostly until I sold them for Ranger 900 limited riding but lots of use on our land

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #6  
We have both a Honda Pioneer 500 SxS and a 1997 EZGo golf cart with a box/bed. Honestly, the golf cart gets used far more than the SxS, but only for quick runs around the place and to pickup the mail. The cart is so easy to just jump in and get back - BUT it's for light duty only. Anything heavier than a garden cart trailer is strickly for the SxS.

We selected the Pioneer 500 due to its narrow 48" track in order to go on various trails and bridges around the place. The larger, more powerful, UTV's start at 50" and up and are simply too large. On the same page, the golf cart is extremely agile and narrow. Of course, we're not using either in remote forest like some of you. We're only covering cleared trails.

We totally destroyed a previous 1997 EZGo electric cart trying to use it to pull a 6x12 trailer around to pick up logs, etc.. We immediately saw the need for another light weight easy to use electric golf cart so we replaced it with the 1997. That one has served us 12 years without hesitation.

So, we're much more selective in the tasks the 'new(er)' golf cart is asked to handle. Gofl carts are so much more agile and easier to use than the gas powered SxS. The Honda Pioneer is an absolute hoss. We can easily pull the 6x12 traler loaded with logs without the Honda even grunting. We frequently use it, with its winch, to pull out the mower when (not if) it gets stuck, pull out logs from the woods, and handle any loads that the golf cart can't, or shouldn't, tackle. Any tasks heavier than that calls for the Kubota tractor.

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #8  
Even in upstate N.Y.,our ATV and SxS see a lot more use year-round than snowmobiles.
My son has a couple sleds,they see very limited use,I use the others daily.

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow)
We can't afford to own every tool made and that includes a compact tractor. This is why we ended up with a 6x6.

/ atv and utv year-around use (and in snow) #10  
We can't afford to own every tool made and that includes a compact tractor. This is why we ended up with a 6x6.
I can't either but will keep buying tools until I can't use them any longer. If I need it once I'll use it again.
Then again I've never been on a snow machine or had any need for one. I did have to detour on some trails once due snow drifts...