ATV Dump Trailer

/ ATV Dump Trailer #12  
Don't forget about the Muts trailers. They are pretty slick. Planning to order one next week. I'll post a review of it.

MUTS - Multi-Use Trailer System for your ATV, Quad and 4 Wheeler - Welcome

Many of the trailers people have posted on this thread are really nice but they get overweight fast for a ATV. Even a UTV will struggle with the larger trailers at max capacity.

/ ATV Dump Trailer #14  
   / ATV Dump Trailer #15  
Good looking build! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

That little trailer can get some work done, that's for sure. I ended up using it to fill in about 150' of corduroy (6-8" a log!) on my swamp trail prior to abandoning that project and getting permitted for a permanent logging road this spring.

/ ATV Dump Trailer #16  
I have one of these: ATV Trailers Heavy Duty Tandem Axle Model 7550ATV by Country ATV.

The price seemed pretty reasonable to me. If nothing else, you might get some ideas for building your own.

I bought one of these too for behind my Suzuki 450cc Quad. It was delivered all scratched up and pieces missing. The shipper unloaded it onto my tractor forks, after I inspected all the pieces from the destroyed box. There was very little care taken in packing the box, IMHO. Nothing wrapping any of the pieces to keep them from being scratched, etc. There was barely anything keeping the side rails from beating on each other, and the paint was in terrible condition. I ONLY took delivery because I did not want to wait weeks more for them to send me another one. I went out and bought close to matching paint and replacement pieces of the missing hardware.
The hydraulic jack that is meant to lift the trailer bed off the frame had a big glob of silicone as their 'waterproofing' to keep water, etc. out of the cylinder area, and the silicone was barely around the entire circumference.:confused3:
I worked out a credit from the seller, but if I had to do it again I wouldn't have bought from this company. They tried to tell me it's all on the shipper, that they have pics of everything leaving their store in perfect condition. I was trying to save them and me aggravation. I thought they'd want to claim the damage against the shipper but they professed no interest in doing so. ???

Sorry for the downer report, but that is my personal experience, FWIW.

/ ATV Dump Trailer #17  
I'm thinking the shipper had enough of their claims already and were ready to stop hauling for them if any more were filed. One or three damaged boxes over a few hundred: yeah, that can happen from the shipping company. But if they had a high number of claims in a low number of parcels, their insurance folks likely took a look at how things were being sent off with them and said "we're not taking any more responsibility for this crap."

/ ATV Dump Trailer #18  
Think whatever you want; the company is in Ohio and my delivery is in rural VT. I highly doubt there are a lot of shipments here from the same company using the same shipper. The pallet was too short for the box the trailer was in, by at least 1/2 the entire length, the tires were in another box barely strapped to the trailer box and pallet below. The hardware was in a plastic bag that got torn too, and there was very little packing of any kind to keep metal from metal contact and paint damage from occurring. Basically a crap poor shipper prep job. Nothing to do with the shipping company.

/ ATV Dump Trailer #19  
That's the point I was making. At some point, the shipping companies will stop honoring claims, which is why the outfit that sold it said not to bother pursuing them for one - they knew it wouldn't happen and fault would come back to them.

/ ATV Dump Trailer #20  
I wasn't going to file a claim; I provided the seller with the pertinent info to do so. What they do is their business, and has nothing to do with why I posted my experience. I posted to let potential buyers know the company could care less about how their product arrives at the customer's door.

If above is what you were trying to say originally, it was not clear, at least not to me, and I still don't see what relevance it has in this overall discussion about ATV Trailers?!:confused2: