Sprayer ATV Sprayer vs. 3 point Sprayer

/ ATV Sprayer vs. 3 point Sprayer #21  
Neat looking little sprayer Toolguy.

Keith, Hypro roller pumps can be viewed here. Rittenhouse | Hypro 6500 Roller Pump

I keep a C version around for odd jobs. Not recommended for powders and their time-before-rebuild isn't very long for everyday-allday use but they're still quite good. You'll just have to keep your eye on your pressure guage because it'll drop as the rollers wear. I don't know how many hours you plan to spray but it might last you a long time. The cheaper ones are only $120 Cdn. See the note at the bottom of the Rittenhouse page about buying a reverse-rotation version for use with gasoline engines. Remember to pour some oil into the intake side and rotate the pump a bit before storage.

/ ATV Sprayer vs. 3 point Sprayer #22  
Thanks for the info on the hinged booms. I have lots of small trees and taller brush that would constantly require boom adjustment. I get about a 20-25 foot spray pattern from the boomless. I can spray anywhere I can manuever the tractor through. If I only need to spray certer 6 foot, can turn 2 outboard nozzles off. Not for everyone, but great for my applications.

/ ATV Sprayer vs. 3 point Sprayer #23  
I agree, boomless are great if you can use them.

/ ATV Sprayer vs. 3 point Sprayer
Thanks for the input everyone. I guess I will hold off for now since it isn't a super good deal.

I'll continue to look for a used setup, but I've been looking for almost 1 year with no results.

I'm going to have to break down and buy one soon though because I want to at least spray my yard with some pre-emergents in February to start working on getting rid of my grass burrs.

/ ATV Sprayer vs. 3 point Sprayer #25  
npaden said:
Thanks for the input everyone. I guess I will hold off for now since it isn't a super good deal.

I'll continue to look for a used setup, but I've been looking for almost 1 year with no results.

I'm going to have to break down and buy one soon though because I want to at least spray my yard with some pre-emergents in February to start working on getting rid of my grass burrs.

What pre-emergent are you using on your grass burrs?

I have been using MSNA but that is only after they sprout new heads and you know that it's just a battle every year that way.

/ ATV Sprayer vs. 3 point Sprayer #26  
EddieWalker said:
I was just looking at sprayers in Ebay and saw a realy nice, very expensive trailer setup. It has a thousand gallon tank and hydrualic cylinders on the sprayer arms!!!! It's really cool and I copied every picture of it for my idea folder.

One thing that they had on that setup that I never thought of was a hydraulic water pump. I don't know how it works, or where I can get one, but it would solve allot of issues. I have the remotes on the back of my tractor, so it seems like just a matter of figuring it out!!!

In my mind, I'm thinking of two hoses that will come off my rear remotes. They would go to a hydrualic water pump that I would have some sort of valve on to control the amount of preasure or flow. I set the valve to what I want it to be at a certain RPM on the tractor, and I will have a consistant amount of flow. It makes sense to me, what am I missing?

Eddie

Eddie you might try looking for these tanks for your ideas folder. You should be able to find used ones for $150 or so. I got a price on one about a year ago for $150
Plastic IBC - 1000 liters

I was looking at sprayers myself and exchanged a few e-mails with Leslie at A1 Mist Sprayers & Mist Blowers Below is what she wrote about hydraulic pumps

We do have a sprayer that works on hydraulics like you want, however there are serious down sides to this kind of sprayer. We will sell them as long as you know that the down sides WAY outweigh the upsides of this kind of sprayer. It is very hard and overworks your hydraulics! Thus you will burn through ALOT of oil. This kind of sprayer is also quite a bit more expensive than a standard sprayer
I hope this information helps you. I do like the 3PH spayer in that, it rides up off the ground and there is no effort in driving, like when you are pulling a trailer. If you spray often or even regularly i would think the trailor idea might become annoying after a while. It is easier to throw something in the back of a pick up truck and drive around rather than pulling a trailer. Same concept. If you ahve to you have to, but it would not be my first choice.

/ ATV Sprayer vs. 3 point Sprayer #27  
I used Roundup on my grass for a while. I moved into a new place that had the lot levelled with gravel and liked not having to mow the lawn. Anything green that popped up got sprayed. :) Didn't look great though and sand tracked inside when it was wet.

On a more practical and slightly less red-necky note, one fellow I know used to spray his lawn with a weak Roundup solution to cut down on the amount of times he had to mow it. He lived in the rainy area of British Columbia at the time and grass growth was just ferocious.