ATV sprayer

/ ATV sprayer #1  

Molerj

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 955, 1978 Economy Power King, JD X500
Looking to replace my 25 gallon pull behind sprayer with a 25 gallon atv sprayer. Lots of options out there. I think I would like to buy a good grade spot sprayer and make my own boom with 3-4 nozzles and valves that I can shut off one side or the other. Anyone do that? Or does anyone have a 25 gallon sprayer and pros and cons of the one you have.

/ ATV sprayer #2  
The one I use on my ATV is the 15-gallon that I bought from tractor supply. I've had to replace several pieces, but it works well for trigger spraying.

/ ATV sprayer #3  
I have a 25 gal moultrie sprayer that came with a junk single nozzle spray boom , I built my own 8 ft boom for it and now it works fine, I also built a 55 gal sprayerlast yr for a 10 acre crp field i was planting , Fimco is a very popular brand that is good quality.

/ ATV sprayer #4  
For the last four or five years I have watered my little trees and garden with a 25 gallon pesticide sprayer bought from Princess Auto. I substituted a coiled garden hose for the spray wand and attached a regular multi-spray nozzle to it. The rig runs through up to four tanks per day, driven by the 12 v system of a Ranger, then a Bolens tractor with a three point hitch carrier, and finally the bed of our Kioti Mechron where it is a summer fixture. It also takes care of initial cleaning of garden vegetables, and is particularly good for fish cleaning.

/ ATV sprayer #5  
I made a boom for my sprayer. I ran a roller pump and 8 nozzles off a small tractor. Much cheaper than buying an already complete system. I recommend you use T-jet spray tips if you are spraying pesticides. Their spray pattern is very consistent and you can get all the specs for application rates.

/ ATV sprayer #6  
One suggestion, not listed so far...IF you're going to keep the tank outside, do not buy a white tank. The sun will destroy it over a couple of years. Get a yellow, orange, black, whatever, just stay away from the white. I think the actual type of plastic makes a big difference as well.

My 10' boom sprayer, 55 gal, has a yellow tank from AgSmart. It also has a wand for spot spraying. I use it to do the termite treatment around the house foundation every year.

/ ATV sprayer #7  
I bought the Northstar 25 gallon, 7 nozzle, 12’ boom sprayer for my ATV.

It is downright amazing. I did head over to TeeJet and found the correct tips for broadcast application of herbicide though. The spray wand is great, as the pump will max at 60psi. I used it to apply FertiLome to my pears this spring, which was also amazing.

I use about 20gal/acre during broadcast operations at about 40psi and 3-4mph with the twin turbo air induction 003 tips. The pump continuously recirculates the tank, so it mixes the herbicide/pesticide/sticker spreader very well.

I had a clip for one of the spray nozzles go MIA, and called Northstar. Within a week I had the warranty part on my step.

Oh, the boom folds, is spring loaded so if you hit a tree or post, it just flexes, and there are valves to turn each section off individually. It is a quality unit, with a lot of nice features you probably won’t find in a homemade unit.

Attachments

• F3B2EE47-BC4E-4614-B6CE-BACD12FAE629.jpeg
    F3B2EE47-BC4E-4614-B6CE-BACD12FAE629.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 86
  • 8AB12ADC-24DE-4D75-B54C-14D002E74541.jpeg
    8AB12ADC-24DE-4D75-B54C-14D002E74541.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
   / ATV sprayer #8  
That northstar looks nice , What is the pump rated at and what was the cost if you dont mind? Did you get it from northern tool ?

/ ATV sprayer #9  
That northstar looks nice , What is the pump rated at and what was the cost if you dont mind? Did you get it from northern tool ?
The pump is rated at 5.5GPM. MAX 60psi. $470 from Northern Tool.

It is one of my very best equipment purchases