Auger motor popping hoses

/ Auger motor popping hoses #31  
I should have used verbage "variable Flow" instead of proportional, as the manual and the button on panel are labled Variable Flow. Start to move the thumb switch some starts to flow mving the switch farther increases the flow. If the Auxiliary Button is pushed 2 times (Maximum Flow light ON) then the vlave spool will shift to full stroke, full flow of oil when the thumb switch starts to move. Regardless of which selection on Left Panel is chosen, when front trigger is pull flow goes to maximum stroke. All of this is explained on page OI-14 of the Operation Manual.

Hydraulic system is Open Center, anything added must be for Open Center System.

/ Auger motor popping hoses
Thanks for that explanation. The manual I managed to get is for a 753 like mine, just a different year. It's close though. Variable flow might be to open and close a grapple for instance, and constant flow would be to run something like my backhoe. My plan to simplify this auger/mixer problem is to get an open center motor spool valve which I'm told will allow the giant auger (30 inches diameter) to free wheel to a stop when moved to 'neutral', and thereby relieve the pressure spike that is happening and popping hoses the other way (Prince control valve) when it slams to an abrupt stop. I'll also place dual cushion valves at IN and OUT motor ports. Unless you think this idea needs some help or improvement, or I'm about to blow something up, you may continue to live your life now without worry about my Bobcat problem. I know you couldn't sleep last nite!! LOL. All kidding aside, I really can't thank you enough for your help.
I learned more on this thread last night than I've gotten over the last 4 years from Bobcat themselves. You have done your good deed for the New Year. Thanks much. Mark