Auto connect on x7 series

/ Auto connect on x7 series
Well I guess I'm going to take one for the team and go with both x750s with 60" HC deck and auto connect...

/ Auto connect on x7 series #12  
I am a proud owner of an 2012 x720 so I know I am bias. But, I can't understand the big deal of having a auto connect mower deck. First, I don't remove my deck that much and find it quite easy. The worst part is disconnecting the drive shaft and reconnecting it. As I understand, once you connect with the auto connect decks, you still have to get off your tractor to set the height of the gage wheels. I also believe you have to manually disconnect the deck when removing. I think the High Capacity part of the deck would be more useful. With the money you spend for the auto connect, you could almost buy a Burford bucket. Auto connect deck vs Burford bucket....mmm.

Burford bucket?

Auto Connect is $200 more FYI

Here's the rundown in round numbers: X740 7I $9500 X750 60HC $9800, and X750 60HC-AutoConnect $10,000

I went X750 60HC-AC

I guess it's Buford bucket. Looks like a poor man's loader. Not much use to a guy that already has a loader that will lift the entire x750 machine with ease.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #14  
Congrats! That's a great price on your new equipment by the way. Two years ago the Auto PTO option was $247 for the one series. I can't imagine the parts for it are any different for the X700 series. I'll bet deere has dropped the price on that option to get customers hooked, not unlike other certain "illicit" dealers.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #15  
Burford bucket?

Seems to me that the Auto PTO option would be almost mandatory if switching over to a ground engaging implement regularly. I'm sure glad I have mine when I need to use the FEL!

Sure looks easy enough. If the x700's work as well as the SCUT's we'll be in good shape.

How close do you need to align? is there a < in the system to gather and align?

/ Auto connect on x7 series #17  
Seems to me that the Auto PTO option would be almost mandatory if switching over to a ground engaging implement regularly. I'm sure glad I have mine when I need to use the FEL!

WOW!!!

I wish they made one for the 2720. I take my MMM off at least once a week during tilling season.

/ Auto connect on x7 series #18  
Sure looks easy enough. If the x700's work as well as the SCUT's we'll be in good shape.

How close do you need to align? is there a < in the system to gather and align?

I have the 54D. There is very little wiggle room between the front tires and the rear gauge wheel brackets. The rear deck attachment points are Veed in both directions up/down left/right. The MMM lift arms/PTO carrier is lined up before getting up to the gear box where the splines are Veed as well. The only way to mess it up is if the pitch of the deck is too high in the front which causes the deck to slide along without latching in the rear. It will still be lined up though. Check out mustang angrys YouTube for detailed video of the attachment moment.