>>> AUTO-DARKENING WELDING HELMET ??<<<

/ >>> AUTO-DARKENING WELDING HELMET ??<<< #103  
No,
They are mfg'd in China.

Gotcha I was just wondering where you referenced the Millers being made in China I thought yours may have been made here. Oh well can't blame a guy for hoping.:(

On a side not your Defender helmet looks very comparable to my Miller Digital Elite helmet, if mine gives up the ghost I'll definitely be keeping your helmet in mind as it's about 1/2 the price :thumbsup:

/ >>> AUTO-DARKENING WELDING HELMET ??<<< #104  
No,
I was referencing that the Millers are actually made in S. Korea by OTOS, NOT by Miller as some people believe.

IF you are looking for US made, Jackson is the king. I have a Jackson right beside my Everlast helmets.

/ >>> AUTO-DARKENING WELDING HELMET ??<<< #106  
I have the HF helmet and have been using it for the past 3 years. For Christmas I treated myself to a Miller Digital Elite since I am doing a lot of welding putting in a new loft in the new building.

All I can say is WOW what a differance. The view is so much clearer and the comfort of wearing the helmet can not compare the the HF. That was my main complaint with the HF. I could not adjust it to be comfortable on my head.

The only complaint that I have (its more a relearning thing) is that you have to turn it on and remember to turn it on if you've had it off your head for a while. I was warned by 4shorts about this before I purchased.

The last welding session before I got this new one was long and like Low Bucket said, my eyes kind of burned for a few days. I wasn't welding on the lowest setting either.

I know the Miller is a lot of $$$ but after using it all weekend I feel I got what I paid for, an excellent lid for me.

/ >>> AUTO-DARKENING WELDING HELMET ??<<< #107  
The only complaint that I have (its more a relearning thing) is that you have to turn it on and remember to turn it on if you've had it off your head for a while. I was warned by 4shorts about this before I purchased.

That's my only mild gripe with my Jackson. I just wish they would have put a red LED inside the helmet that would come on 30 - 60 seconds before it's due to turn off.

I just can't bring myself to trust my eyesight to the Chinese.

/ >>> AUTO-DARKENING WELDING HELMET ??<<< #108  
mjncad, where is your Jackson helmet electronics made ?

/ >>> AUTO-DARKENING WELDING HELMET ??<<< #109  
mjncad, where is your Jackson helmet electronics made ?

I have no idea; but would it surprise me to see China on them? No. Would it piss me off to see China on them? Yes.

Would I buy Harbor-Freight or Everlast's Chinese made crap? No.

/ >>> AUTO-DARKENING WELDING HELMET ??<<< #110  
I have both Jackson and the "Everlast Crap" that you are speaking of. I use them interchangeably. What you don't know about electronics won't hurt you I guess, but I will wake you from your slumber. The "first" Jackson was defective, and the one I have now is its replacement. Jackson gets its components from the same place the Chinese do. Nothing is perfect. BTW, I had a HF auto dark helmet that I bought in 2001. It still works and I still have better than 20/20 vision.

IF you want top of the line, the I'd go with speedglas, from 3M. Not American, and definitely much more expensive than the Jackson, but better than anything the US has to offer.