Auto log out timer?

/ Auto log out timer? #11  
I get logged out when creating a long reply.

It is the TBN site... can't be my DSL provider. Has happened only with latest updated TBN site software.

"remember me" does not work.... as others have reported... am using latest Firefox. Problem seems to hit some people, not others with "same" configuration.

Very vexing... happened to me about hour ago.:mad:

/ Auto log out timer? #12  
texasjohn,
I'm using the latest Firefox as well with Roadrunner and I have never been logged out due to inactivity or due to make a post/reply. It does seem to happen to others and not to some. I have no idea why.

/ Auto log out timer? #13  
Iowachild said:
With DSL you have your own IP address that never changes. It's part of the modem.

I thought that a dynamic IP address changed every so often randomly and that a static IP address was constant. Am I mistaken?

/ Auto log out timer? #14  
PineRidge said:
I thought that a dynamic IP address changed every so often randomly and that a static IP address was constant. Am I mistaken?
Dynamic IP address are leased and could change. They aren't changed every so often or randomly.

/ Auto log out timer? #15  
Mike I'm getting ready to host my own web site, if the IP changes how will that work? :confused:

/ Auto log out timer? #17  
PineRidge said:
Mike I'm getting ready to host my own web site, if the IP changes how will that work? :confused:
Well, that's going to be a problem. It's not enough to just know your IP address. When people type in www.pineridge.com that gets translated to an IP address by a DNS (Domain Name Server). You have to have a way to upgrade the DNS if, and when, your IP address changes. I suggest talking to your ISP to arrange for a fixed IP address. Odds are, they will charge more for it. I've also seen software (can't recall the name) that can do this, too, without the need for a fixed IP address. Also, many ISPs specifically prohibit people with residential service from hosting their own web site.

/ Auto log out timer? #18  
PineRidge said:

As Mike reports, many ISPs do not want you to host a website out of your house. I have a consultant that attempted to do that with his DSL service and it became a pain to constantly have to update the records on the internet each time his IP address changed. He finally coughed up the money for a business account and now has a static IP address. I think it is something like $68.00 a month for his DSL business service. He is now happy and, more importantly, his customers can get to his website every time they try without getting errors and getting discouraged. As I recall, there are various levels of service you can get that allow unlimited download but metered upload. As with everything, the more you want, the more you pay.

/ Auto log out timer? #19  
How does this help those of us who seem to get logged out during a post? I have tired to post three replys in the last couple of days and each time I get the "not logged in" screen. What setting needs to be modified?