Auto-throttle or Load Sensing Throttle for Honda GX630 Small Engine

/ Auto-throttle or Load Sensing Throttle for Honda GX630 Small Engine #1  

dbchaplin03

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060, Wright StanderX 61”
I'm building a new log splitter that will have a Honda GX630 v-twin engine and I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a load sensing or auto-throttle for something like that?

I got the idea from watching the Eastonmade channel and their newest Axis (SHO) splitter seems to have that. When there is no load it drops down to idle but as soon as he pulls the lever on the valve it revs back up automatically. I feel like this would save a lot of fuel since my splitter build is estimated to have a little over 4 second cycle time. It will be hard to feed it logs fast enough. Here's the link if anyone is curious:

I googled it and it looks like Honda has parts you can buy called an "auto throttle" but there is no description of what they actually do and I can't seem to find any information about them. Figured there may be some other smart tinkerers on here that may know.

/ Auto-throttle or Load Sensing Throttle for Honda GX630 Small Engine #2  
This guy is nuts !!

He is making and using a VERY DANGEROUS piece of equipment. There is no protection to keep the operator from cutting off his fingers or hands. There should be a requirement that two levers be operated by the operator. This will prevent the splitter from chomping down on your fingers.

Now dbchaplin03, if you want the engine to rev up when you operate the splitter, you can rig a micro-switch to the control lever(s) so that when you pull or push the lever to move the spittler, the engine will rev up. The micro-switch can be connected to a solenoid that will pull the throttle open when activated.

Richard

/ Auto-throttle or Load Sensing Throttle for Honda GX630 Small Engine #3  
This guy is nuts !!

He is making and using a VERY DANGEROUS piece of equipment. There is no protection to keep the operator from cutting off his fingers or hands. There should be a requirement that two levers be operated by the operator. This will prevent the splitter from chomping down on your fingers.

Now dbchaplin03, if you want the engine to rev up when you operate the splitter, you can rig a micro-switch to the control lever(s) so that when you pull or push the lever to move the spittler, the engine will rev up. The micro-switch can be connected to a solenoid that will pull the throttle open when activated.

Richard
Show me a single logsplitter made that required 2 hand operation to prevent loosing body parts. Most commercial splitters have autocycle valves which lock in by pulling two levers next to each other with one hand and the ram goes through a complete cycle.