AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE?

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #11  
and just spent over 8 plus hours today, downloading, kicking around for a C/C++ IDE / compilers. and never even thought about looking towards education notations. i am afraid to even look at my internet service provider page. to see how close i am to download limit :/

still waiting on a microsoft visual studio express (the free edition) to download...

Autodesk Assistance Program
Tools for Displaced Professionals

mathmatica from Wolfram Research: Mathematica, Technical and Scientific Software and then Wolfram|Alpha: Computational Knowledge Engine be nice if they offered like doing.

going to have to see how much download i have left tommorw. before looking at either autodesk or mathmatica. just trail apps even....

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE?
I "recognize" my homeschool. .............So there...:teacher:
:)

Like I said;
"PS, I had posed a question to the AutoDesk Forum and an
elder saw what I was doing and publically gave me the link."

...and I am under the impression said elder w/ 20,000 posts on that
forum works for AutoDesk.

Open Season.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #13  
I use Auto-Cad LT, learned just enough to do what I needed for work. Mostly to see if a crane could make a pick for a heavy lift plan. One thing I don't like about Auto-Cad LT, is you can not save a drawing as a Jpeg to post on these forums. I used Turbo-Cad for awhile, now use another software. Wonder if the version you just down loaded will allow you to save a drawing as a Jpeg?

Attachments

• 9260 AB_dwg.jpg
    9260 AB_dwg.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 447
   / AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE?
Getting a jpg is easy. Alls you have to do is hit the
button on your keyboard called "Prt Scr" which means "Print Screen".
When you hit that button you "Copy" a picture of your screen.
NOW, open a paint program, I use Jasc's Paint Shop Pro and
"Paste" . In PSP I go to EDIT, then I select PASTE AS NEW IMAGE.

Now just crop and edit and save the pic as a jpg.

Werks for me! :teacher:

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #15  
Easy enough on Windows, not so easy on Linux.;)

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #16  
ditto the "thanks for the heads up"
can you tell yet , if the creations saved would open up in autocad 2000 ?
Den

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #17  
I just got the verification email from them. it shows the serial key and product key, (which I had already collected during the signing in and downloading routine)
the fine print on the verification email includes this clause....
"Here are your Serial Number and Product Key, which you'll need to activate your Autodesk Inventor Professional license. Your product will run for three years after successful activation."
the first time around anyway it still appears free, but with a 3 year limitation. I wouldnt think any user qualifications would be questioned until the 2nd go-around.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #18  
can you tell yet , if the creations saved would open up in autocad 2000 ?
If you save your work as a DXF file, I think just about any Cad program will open that file.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #19  
I just got the verification email from them. it shows the serial key and product key, (which I had already collected during the signing in and downloading routine)
the fine print on the verification email includes this clause....
"Here are your Serial Number and Product Key, which you'll need to activate your Autodesk Inventor Professional license. Your product will run for three years after successful activation."
the first time around anyway it still appears free, but with a 3 year limitation. I wouldnt think any user qualifications would be questioned until the 2nd go-around.

After 3 yrs they can kill your product key after this education push has run its course (if they want to).

I admit, its pretty generous of AutoCad to do this. Acad used to watch their licenses like a hawk.Each seat was several thousand dollars. Now they are basically giving it to anyone , yes there are technicalities but they arent being enforced. Their idea of giving the product to students and the unemployed so they can learn some new skills is a great way to gain market share for once these people get into the workforce. Inventor has never had the presence of Solidworks for example. I'm a Solidworks guy but will give the new Inventor a try to see if they fixed some things that bugged me.

/ AutoCAD Inventor Professional Software for FREE? #20  
I notice there are several tutorials on youtube for this prg. havent seen them yet but the previews look promising. hopefully they accelerate the learning curve for the beginner basics.
I've a most basic amount of hands on with autocad 2000 and the little I did see so far on youtube makes the inventor look quite similar for drawing with.