Automatic Gate Entry Console

/ Automatic Gate Entry Console #1  

twinjayhawks

Silver Member
Tractor
Century 3045
I am looking for an console to control my swinging automatic entry gate... I would like the ability for a guest to hit a button and call my cell phone to request entrance. I can then hit a button on my phone to allow them access or tell them to get lost.

I have one where they key in a 4 digit code... the problem is when I give it out I need to go up and delete the code so they don't have access without my knowledge ever again.

Has anyone used something like this that they can recommend?

/ Automatic Gate Entry Console #2  
I am looking for an console to control my swinging automatic entry gate... I would like the ability for a guest to hit a button and call my cell phone to request entrance. I can then hit a button on my phone to allow them access or tell them to get lost.

I have one where they key in a 4 digit code... the problem is when I give it out I need to go up and delete the code so they don't have access without my knowledge ever again.

Has anyone used something like this that they can recommend?

I am sure they have an ap for that

:laughing::D

/ Automatic Gate Entry Console #3  
   / Automatic Gate Entry Console #4  
I installed an alarm system that has GSM capability, so it can use the cell system to call me when a certain condition exists without depending on the landline which would be the first thing the badguys would cut. Whatever you put out there is going to cost you a monthly service fee, just like another cell phone. You could put up a note with your cell phone number on it and have them call you. Then you reduce the problem to sending a signal to the gate to open. My alarm system also has the ability to do that because it supports X10 devices. But you're getting into a fair bit of money and some work if you do it yourself. Wireless would work if it's within a reasonable distance, otherwise you'll also have to run some signal wires out there. Maybe someone else knows of a more dedicated solution.

/ Automatic Gate Entry Console #6  
What you are asking about is known as a Telephone Entry System. Just google those key words and you'll find plenty of information.

Our front gate is controlled by one from Select Engineered Systems.

They need to be connected to a dedicated telephone line in order to function. So you will have an extra expense every month, but it's well worth the cost. The local thief/pizza delivery guy will never have access to any entry code. :)

Your visitors will contact you via the system which will place a call to your home or cell or whatever number you want. You will be able to speak to them and decide if you want to grant access. If you do, just press a number on the phone and it will open the gate. If you deny access just hang up the phone.

image-4100810702.png

/ Automatic Gate Entry Console #7  
the hopoverfence link i posted uses radio freq up to 500 feet... no phone lines. Other ones use phone lines (trenching)

/ Automatic Gate Entry Console
What you are asking about is known as a
Your visitors will contact you via the system which will place a call to your home or cell or whatever number you want. You will be able to speak to them and decide if you want to grant access. If you do, just press a number on the phone and it will open the gate. If you deny access just hang up the phone.

This sounds like what I need. What kind of $$$ would this cost to get set up... other than the phone line?

/ Automatic Gate Entry Console
the hopoverfence link i posted uses radio freq up to 500 feet... no phone lines. Other ones use phone lines (trenching)

Thanks for the info... my entrance gate is 1/2 mile from my house so I don't think that one will work... and i don't want to trench a line up there from the house.

/ Automatic Gate Entry Console #10