Automatic Paving stone paver

/ Automatic Paving stone paver #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Wasnt sure where to put this, but i stumbled across this cool paver that paves with paving blocks.

If youve ever layed pavers youll realize how much work this machine will save... and its fast too!

YouTube - tiger-stone

With the high cost of labour for laying pavers it could almost pay for itself on large jobs. Im surprised i havent seen any of them on this side of the pond.

/ Automatic Paving stone paver #2  
Impressive to say the least. Quite the machine. After following your link, I needed to see more. I watched several other videos on similar equipment. To quote a much used observation, 100 years ago technology was expensive and labour was cheap, now it's the other way around. The toys we invent are amazing. Necessity, what a mother !! :cool2:

There's another video about the 'Streetmaker', a Dutch machine that I think would work really well for smaller jobs...parking lots, sidewalks, outside walking malls, over here.

I was in the UK this past summer for the first time. It was interesting that many residential and light traffic streets in the UK had stone pavers, and I presume the same applies in Europe.

I suspect that paving distances here in North America favour concrete and asphalt over labour intensive pavers, just on size alone. Everything is a lot more compact over there. We're a lot more spread out. It would be interesting to find out the cost per square mile.:2cents::thumbsup:

I know that here in Manitoba with our weather and glacial lake bottom gumbo clay, it wouldn`t hold up under heavy traffic for too long. Fascinating stuff...no if I had the money to start a new business...hmmmmmmmmmm:D

/ Automatic Paving stone paver
When i came across it it made me think about a recent job that was done in Halifax. They laid pavers ~25' wide and maybe 250' long in front of a farmers market. Took a long time and tons of labour.

A machine like this could do it it a day.

It could be a good business. Wonder how much they cost?:laughing:

/ Automatic Paving stone paver #4  
Jason;

As far as cost, some press releases say between €60000 and €80000 depending on width. They come in 4, 5 and 6 meter widths. Pretty cool machine.

SimS

/ Automatic Paving stone paver
Jason;

As far as cost, some press releases say between €60000 and €80000 depending on width. They come in 4, 5 and 6 meter widths. Pretty cool machine.

SimS

So around 80K for the smallest. not cheap but if there was enough call for it, it could work.

/ Automatic Paving stone paver #6  
Our town has many brick streets that are over a hundred years old. They are slowly tearing them out and replacing them with asphalt, even though the bricks are still good. They say it takes too much labor to repair the streets. However, the asphalt lasts maybe 10-15 years before potholes appear.

When my dad was a kid, back around 1930, he said the Sheriff would bring prisoners out from the jail and march them down to the brick street that needed repairing. They'd pull a couple rows of bricks, level the sand underneath, tamp it, find the best side of the brick and lay it face up. They could do it pretty fast and the labor was free. The work was hard and the prisoners didn't want to come back afterward. They stopped doing it when people complained the prison labor was taking away jobs from honest folks. I think they should bring it back.

/ Automatic Paving stone paver #7  
Our town has many brick streets that are over a hundred years old. They are slowly tearing them out and replacing them with asphalt, even though the bricks are still good. They say it takes too much labor to repair the streets. However, the asphalt lasts maybe 10-15 years before potholes appear.

When my dad was a kid, back around 1930, he said the Sheriff would bring prisoners out from the jail and march them down to the brick street that needed repairing. They'd pull a couple rows of bricks, level the sand underneath, tamp it, find the best side of the brick and lay it face up. They could do it pretty fast and the labor was free. The work was hard and the prisoners didn't want to come back afterward. They stopped doing it when people complained the prison labor was taking away jobs from honest folks. I think they should bring it back.

If you lay the brick right (as in right foundation) then the maintence ain't so bad and it looks pretty good for small areas. My local town historically had bricks around the square (and down the side streets), then they had issues with them after renovating, then they were able to solve the issues by finding an engineer that was familiar with proper brick roadbed building that allows for proper settling, drainage, shock absorption, etc, factors they weren't properly taken into account when they replaced bricks during renovation.

/ Automatic Paving stone paver #8  

I have to agree to many people setting around on the taxpayers dime not doing any thing productive.

/ Automatic Paving stone paver #9  
When my dad was a kid, back around 1930, he said the Sheriff would bring prisoners out from the jail and march them down to the brick street that needed repairing...
...They stopped doing it when people complained the prison labor was taking away jobs from honest folks. I think they should bring it back.

All I can say is that some Civil Liberties Lawyer would be on this like a hungry dog on a ham bone. :mad:

I agree totally...if you got yourself there by your own actions, then you can pay for your upkeep while you're there...and if that means tearing up and laying brick, so be it.

I can't see the harm...there's exercise, a job well (?) done, and a rebate on to the taxpayers that is keeping them. They're already getting 3 squares and a roof over their head...it's a win-win. :D

/ Automatic Paving stone paver #10  
In Holland, most utilities in cities (sewer, drinking water, gas, electricity) are dug in under the streets. Therefor, traditionally these streets are paved because you can put the bricks back after a repair to the utilities. You can also re-pave a road when it is sagged and rutted.

Since a year or two, the law prescribes that areas more than .... square meter should be paved mechanically, not by hand. Because this is hard to do with re-used pavers, they come up with solutions like this, so the workers can at least do their job without crawling around on their knees.