Axle & steering damage???

/ Axle & steering damage???
I would definitely do a fluid change and save everything that comes out. I'd likely use a screen filter as I drained it to catch any pieces or grindings that come out. If you are concerned, JD should be as well. The customer is always right. If they feel the machine isn't hurt, they should have no problem extending the warranty to provide you with peace of mind considering it was a defect of assembly. If they won't make good on it, I'd jump up and down, kick and scream, throw tantrums, whatever was needed. 99% of all customer service is 99% about greasing the squeaky wheels.

Good advice. I am scheduled to talk with my dealer tomorrow. Bottom line is I spent 18k on a machine that is supposed to work correctly from day one. I understand that things happen and nothing is perfect. But this situation is FAR LESS than perfect. Given all the bucking and grinding the thing made towards the end, it doesn't leave me with a feeling of confidence in the tractor.

/ Axle & steering damage??? #12  
it doesn't leave me with a feeling of confidence in the tractor.

That should be all it takes to get them to do something. JD knows better than anyone how to get repeat business, and it's not by leaving customers feeling anything less than 100% confident in their purchase decision.

/ Axle & steering damage??? #13  
I would ask the dealer to change fluid, filter and clean the screen and decide what to do next depending on the amount of shavings recovered. But with only 14 hours mowing, I wouldn't think there would be too much damage except for that grinding thing. That's why I would wait until the fluid change is finished. Who knows, they may drain out half the transmision.