B 26 backhoe running slower and slower

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #11  
Well I dont know what the problem was (is) with the slower operation. Dealer couldnt find anything wrong with it, but swapped the hydraulic lines back to original configuration. The original owner had swapped the boom and dipper stick hoses around supposedly so it operates like a Case. I had never operated one before so it didnt make any difference to me. Now I have to relearn how to operate it as everything is now backwards from the way I had learned it.
I got some filters/oil and will change the Hydro and hydraulic filters as per maintenance schedule so I will see if that helps.
For some reason, they didnt check the relief valve pressures so I guess I will look for someplace to buy a gauge and fittings to check it myself.
Anyone know where I might find such an animal. Sales person at Kubota dealer said they didnt sell them which didnt surprise me as they want you to come in for $75 per hour charge.
Only cost me $150 labor cost to tell me nothing was wrong. Labor, 1 gallon of UDT oil, 2 filters = $232
This was one time, I should have did the filter change first then seen if it didnt improve prior to taking it in.
As I set here, I just remembered that I also needed an engine oil filter. @#$% got to go back again later for that.
Here is a link that has a link to the pressure gauge you are looking for, I believe it is in the 10th posthttp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/264752-adjust-hydraulics-bx-25-a.html

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #12  
My dealer doesnt even stock SUDT and says that in our climate
it is a waste of money.

Same with the dealer here, the biggest Kubota dealer in NorCal. They are actually pretty
reasonable on 5-gal bkts of UDT, about $50-60.

The B21 I had whined louder than most HST tractors I have owned, too.

You can get a 5000 psi guage many places: SurplusCenter, AgriSupply, NorthernTool,
DiscountHydHose, etc. Only $10-15. Pretty shocking your dealer did not run
a pressure test.

Since the B26 hoe is integrated with only that tractor, I suppose it is possible it
does not have its own RV. I suspect it does, however.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #13  
Had the same problem with mine and carried it to the dealer several times, they would try it by raising the back of the tractor with the back hoe. If it cleared the ground that was good enough. I bought me a gauge and read on hear somewhere about putting in shims well it don't take much I found out. I adjusted mine as close to max pressure as I could without going over and it made a good difference. one thing to think of is once the fluid gets hot the pressure will drop some, I did not consider that when I adjusted mine and I can tell a difference when it gets hot. There is only one relief valve for both backhoe and frontend loader.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower
Had the same problem with mine and carried it to the dealer several times, they would try it by raising the back of the tractor with the back hoe. If it cleared the ground that was good enough. I bought me a gauge and read on hear somewhere about putting in shims well it don't take much I found out. I adjusted mine as close to max pressure as I could without going over and it made a good difference. one thing to think of is once the fluid gets hot the pressure will drop some, I did not consider that when I adjusted mine and I can tell a difference when it gets hot. There is only one relief valve for both backhoe and frontend loader.
Where is the RV located. Is it under the sheet metal on the joystick control panel. If possibleI dont want to start removing panels just to look for the relief .

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower
I did get all the filters changed out but nothing to dig up right now and showers of rain and cold so I havent ventured out to dig any holes. I used the stabilizer to lift up the tractor to get more clearance under the tractor and they worked pretty easily before and after I changed the filters. Even as quick as I cold spin off the old suction filter and spin on the new one, I lost about 3 quarts of oil. Sure would be an improved design if they could relocate that filter to above the reservoir level which would also put it out of harms way from brush and rocks etc.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #16  
I know you said the dealer said SUDT is a waste of money, but when I switched to SUDT on my B3030, I not only noticed a big performance improvement during cold weather use, but also during summer use when working the machine hard. The backhoe seemed to really heat up the UDT, made it stink pretty bad, and performance suffered. Not so with the SUDT.

I'm a big believer in using the best oils possible with the temp variations we experience here, but the SUDT (synthetic) is certainly going to hold up better in high temp use also. The SUDT doesn't smell like the UDT when it gets hot, and performance is better.

I haven't smelled that "burning" UDT smell in years, but I noticed it pretty quickly on the new machine, even in not-so-hot weather recently (Kubota puts UDT in for break-in). I'm definitely putting SUDT in for my 50 hr change, as I'm convinced it's worth the extra cost.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #17  
I know you said the dealer said SUDT is a waste of money....

The dealer said that due to the climate. Kubota dealers in colder climates would not likely say that.

I suspect Bismark, AR, and my part of CA don't get as cold as Connifer, CO.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #18  
The dealer said that due to the climate. Kubota dealers in colder climates would not likely say that.

I suspect Bismark, AR, and my part of CA don't get as cold as Connifer, CO.

Yeah, I realize why they said what they said. But I also stated in my post that in my experience, the SUDT, which is synthetic, also handles the heat better than UDT. The benefits of synthetic are seen in BOTH extreme heat & extreme cold. I run synthetic in all of my equipment and vehicles, and have operated them from -30* to 108* F.

I also mentioned that the UDT seems to overheat, as evidenced by the smell and the decrease in performance, whereas the SUDT doesn't seem to overheat or lose performance.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #19  
You can get the shims online pretty cheap. Gage is only 20 bucks or so and the adaptor is just a couple bucks at a hydraulic shop. It's probably going to be a female jic to nmpt sized according to where attached and the item. You can ask the shop what size a cylinder hose connection is.

/ B 26 backhoe running slower and slower #20  
I bought my pressure gauge on line at BXpanded.com. They will send you the one for your tractor, and show you were to hook it up, and tell what shims to use which come with.