Traction B 2601 differential won't lock

/ B 2601 differential won't lock #1  

hd76fxlr

Tractor
Kubota B2601
B 2601 differential won't lock ! Ordered new manual and will pick up today. May be shift fork as service manager thinks. Apparently you have to stop completely and nurse pedal down as you start forward or backward. Seems to me like this is made with no spring type engagement and too much pressure on pedal results in bent fork and no differential locking! Will report as I get more information.
Anyone else have this problem and if so what was fix? Thanks Charlie

/ B 2601 differential won't lock #2  
I have not used mine that often on my three different Kubota models, but.........IIRC............it works as per the Owners' Manual....i.e. be full stopped, and find the spot where the shift fork sets in....use it only in straight maneuvers ...not in turning.

/ B 2601 differential won't lock #3  
Differential lock works per the Owners' Manual....i.e. be fully stopped, and find the spot where the shift fork sets in....use it only in straight maneuvers ...not in turning.

^^^^^^^^^^ PERFECT

/ B 2601 differential won't lock #4  
Used mine on all of my tractors, never required stopping to activate, ?? although not conducive for use in turning.

/ B 2601 differential won't lock
Got my manual and it looks like it can only be fork. Will order one tomorrow. Will take about 5 days;for some reason; to get here. I'll keep you posted. Charlie

/ B 2601 differential won't lock #6  
On my B2650 it will drop in easy enough under light load, but when crap is getting real and your in a high load, high traction situation where your spinning 2 tires and about to go over a cliff and die.... it requires nothing less than standing up on only your left heal as you place 200 lbs on that lever... and the lever will lift me up into the air and pop over to the next engagement slot and drop in and grab again. This repeats as I am trying avoid an untimely death. I figure that at some point it is going to break something, but in the meantime... I use that diff lock if needed regardless of what damage it may cause later. I also bent the crap out of the steel flap on the seat bottom so that the safety switch is always being hit. This allows me to stand up and get my full weight on that diff lock lever or to look over the front of the tractor and see what I need to.

I'm sure that it's all totally OSHA approved.

/ B 2601 differential won't lock
I hear you Rock Crawler ; that is the same scenario that bent my fork ; the B2650 must be built stouter as far as the locking mechanism goes . I live on top of 19 acres ; everything is on a slant! A small tractor is dangerous enough but on a hill side it is deadly ; stay safe! Charlie