B-3030 60" mmm problem

/ B-3030 60" mmm problem #1  

KubotaOne

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B-3030, FEL & BH
B-3030 60\" mmm problem

Hi Folks,

This is my first post here. I learned so much from reading this forum over the last 3 months, so thanks to all.

I've had my B-3030 for about 5 weeks now, but only just received the 60" mmm. My problem is that the right side clevis used to lock the mower up (allowing you to raise and lower the 3pt without lowering the mower) does not line up. It's out by about a 1/2". My dealer was confused as well, so they contacted Kubota but have heard nothing back yet.

The temporary solution we came up with was to grind a 1/2" off the right side brass stopper plate that bolts on. This allows the right side of the mower to go further up. It also helped level out the mower deck when fully raised (the left side of the deck was almost 2.5" higher than the right before).

I know some of the members here have the FEL MMM set-up with their 3030 as well. I'm curious, have you tried "locking" your mower up yet?

Any feedback would be great

/ B-3030 60" mmm problem #2  
Re: B-3030 60\" mmm problem

I have a B3030 with a 72" MMM. I havent noticed any problems with it being uneven but there are times it can be a real pain to get the pins in without lifting the deck up by hand to get the pins in. Take a picture and I'll get a shot to compare with mine.

/ B-3030 60" mmm problem #3  

I have a B3030 (FEL, 60"MMM and BH75). I didn't notice any problem with it. I hooked my MMM many times and it was OK.

I'm sorry to ear that you have problems with yours.

IMO, if your mower isn't even that means the lifting rods (connecting to the 3PH) or the front link are not the same length.

/ B-3030 60" mmm problem

I did adjust both the rear turnbuckles and the front link as per the manual. In fact, I spent many hours fiddling, but to no avail.

The U shaped mounts that are welded to the top of the deck that the pin goes through are different on each side. The holes are clearly at a different height, so the brass plate that bolts to the FEL frame would bottom out on one side. It became obvious that there was no way the right hand side plate would ever mate with the welded U mount. Makes me wonder if I was supplied with the wrong brass stopper plates, or the deck came with incorrect U mounts.

Stef, are the brass stopper plates on yours identical on both sides? And, are the holes in the U shaped mounts that are welded to the deck the same height?

Appreciate your responses! Sorry, but I don't have any pics to show you, my tractor is 60 miles away at my weekend get-away.

/ B-3030 60" mmm problem #5  

Sorry for the delay

Yes, the brass stopper are identical. And the holes in the U shaped welded on the deck are at the same height.

I'll give you a pic as soon as I can.

/ B-3030 60" mmm problem

Thanks for getting back to me Stef. A picture would be great so I can compare.

As mine sits now, after grinding a 1/2" off the right brass plate, I can manage to get the locking pins in, and the deck is pretty close to level. Is yours level when the mmm is all the way up? Plus, do you have the 5-8 mm rear and 2-4 mm front clearances mentioned in the manual? When delivered you could hear mine banging into the stop underneath when you'd raise it. That's what got me looking into this.

Love my new 3030, hope you're enjoying yours - but I'd still like to find out why my mmm was so off.

thanks again

/ B-3030 60" mmm problem #7  

Hello KubotaOne,

I do not know whether this information will help you; but my 60-inch mmm was unlevel such that one of the anti-scalp wheels touched the ground and such that the lock-up holes did not line-up correctly. My solution was to tighten my right side lifting rod at the three-point area. My tractor is a B7510 so I am not sure whether yours would have the same solution. Let me know if this helps. Thank you.

/ B-3030 60" mmm problem

Tried the adjusting route already, for many hours, following the manual to a tee. There was no way that plate was ever going to mate with that fitting - round hole, square peg scenario.

I even unbolted and removed the brass stopper plate completely, you could see when it was sitting in the welded U atop of the deck that the holes were about a 1/2" out.