B....BX....or L Series?

/ B....BX....or L Series? #61  
I think that they would never know since you don't record or license it just like a tiller bought out of state or even a dvd player. Some states charge for anything if you pick it up in state but usually not when "shipped" out of state. Amazon charges me sales tax on anything I buy from them since their warehouse is in KY but doesn't to other states unless they have warehouses in those states. Barlows does not have any dealerships other than the one in KY, yet.:D Settle down Steve/Brady!!!
Unless you finance the tractor. If you do your home state will know about it. For a cash deal I agree.

/ B....BX....or L Series? #62  
I find it curious that you are still this vague on size, but seem to have settled early on the color of the paint (-:

/ B....BX....or L Series?
I find it curious that you are still this vague on size, but seem to have settled early on the color of the paint (-:

I did do a bunch of reading and some looking before I opened this thread. ;)

Pretty simple. JD dealers think they have the corner on the market and price them accordingly, NH/Ford just don't do "it" for me, MF are hard to find, so I can't speak on them and Kubota not only seem reasonably priced but appear to be sturdy machines.

I have no real interest in the "off brands" unless I find a used one at a super price, because they don't hold value. If I was to buy one and it didn't work out for me, I would take a bath on resale. That won't happen with Kubota.

Yes, I know they are all China made, but unless someone can show me a quality USA made machine, its what I have to go with.

I do appreciate and can understand the question, though.

/ B....BX....or L Series? #64  
Unless you finance the tractor. If you do your home state will know about it. For a cash deal I agree.
Not very likely that your home state will know about it if you finance it. Even if one State Agency has some type of record the odds are very slight that another Agency that would be concerned about the state sales tax would be sharing info. If the tractor was bought in Ky and financed the lein recording would probably be in Ky, not sure but maybe. If sold in Ky and shipped to another state then it's possible that the lein could be recorded in the state where buyer lives but again the odds are pretty slim that all leins filed would be coordinated with the state sales tax agency. Yes, retired state employee IAuditor, Counselor, Administrator).:) Most lein filings are just stored documents.

/ B....BX....or L Series? #65  
I did do a bunch of reading and some looking before I opened this thread. ;)

Pretty simple. JD dealers think they have the corner on the market and price them accordingly, NH/Ford just don't do "it" for me, MF are hard to find, so I can't speak on them and Kubota not only seem reasonably priced but appear to be sturdy machines.

I have no real interest in the "off brands" unless I find a used one at a super price, because they don't hold value. If I was to buy one and it didn't work out for me, I would take a bath on resale. That won't happen with Kubota.

Yes, I know they are all China made, but unless someone can show me a quality USA made machine, its what I have to go with.

I do appreciate and can understand the question, though.

PART of my curiosity is the effect that brand name loyalty can establish itself before actual ownership (-:
Not ALL models of whatever brand name one starts to favor are equally competitive with the alternate brand names' offerings.

If you form an early opinion that Ford's smallest car is "better" (for you) than GM's offering, but continue your shopping - you are LIKELY to carry the Ford preference over as you look at mid size and large cars, even trucks.
Car and truck shopping isn't a totally valid parallel, since just about none of us start with a totally clear mind on it due to family and friends' biases (-:

Back to tractors; Nope, not "All the others" are coming out of China.
A LOT of the others have common components; such as Yanmar engines, which BTW also appear in green tractors imported from South Korea.
Funny, ain't it ?

Anyway, in your current position I think I would try to stay in the SIZING phase of the decision process (tasks to be performed) before moving to the BRAND NAME phase (competitive offerings).
JMAO, etc., whatever you get the MOST important thing is to ENJOY it (-:

/ B....BX....or L Series? #66  
For many folks, things such as resale value, or dealer / parts support aren't important issues. These folks are competent to repair / modify their own equipment, and plan on keeping it for a very long time. For many others they are, and such things are easily researched before the buying decision is made though even some of that is regional. For example, I like Massey tractors, but in this area I have been unable to get a competitive price on one, and the resale value is lower than either JD, or Kubotas. For me that was a deal breaker even before I chose the size I wanted. In other cases, the dealers of tractor brands like Kioti, Mahindra, etc. are very small, and could disappear in a heartbeat. In other areas, of course, this is not true, and there are some dealerships large enough to survive one person retiring, or a stretch of poor business. Because of that dealer support, resale values are higher too.

/ B....BX....or L Series? #67  
I completely agree with chuckinNH. The JD dealers around here seem to appear then disappear just as quick but kubota seems to weather out the storms much better. Not that they are more competative when it comes to pricing implements as they all seem to want the top dollar around here but if you need it in a hurry one of them usually has it in stock. Where as I have seen 3 different JD dealers either disappear or drop the line for a different brand and that would leave me looking for parts that I would either have to travel for or have shipped in.