b series front axle seal.

/ b series front axle seal. #1  
K

kingoflawns

I need to replace the front axle seal on my b7500, should i go at it myself or send it to the dealer?

/ b series front axle seal. #2  
What did you do? Mine are leaking too.

/ b series front axle seal. #3  
If your some what mechanically inclined and have a decent assortment of metric tools, I would buy the Work Shop Manual (WSM) and repair it myself. I had a leak on the front axle pivot of my B2400 and after buying the manual I accomplished it myself. It took a little longer than I thought but I'm sure the manual ($75) was paid for after the repair was complete as opposed to having a dealership do the work. For the most part these Kubotas are pretty easy to work on, it's just time consuming as you slowly work thru it trying not to make any major mistakes!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ b series front axle seal.
I have done a ton of loader work with no counterweight, not by choice, i use my tractor in my business, sometimes there is no room on tight propertys when installing plants,stone,loam,etc. Its my fault, not using a counterweight puts extra stess on the front axle.

/ b series front axle seal. #5  
I think he ment what did you end up doing, if anything, about your axle leak.

/ b series front axle seal. #6  
yep the leak... whatdidyoudo?

/ b series front axle seal.
I have yet to do anything about the seal, it's not a severe leak,just enough to irritate me. I need to take care of it before winter as we work the tractor hard on snow services and i don't want to loose 4 WD in a bad storm.