b series options

/ b series options #22  
Check out, mytractortools.

I bought his quick attach mount, it's pretty slick. Works with all his attachments, and factory kubota stuff.
The big plus is it has a 2" receiver sleeve built right into it. Great for movig trailers or hooking chains to for lifting or pulling. Very well built product! Give the guy a call he is a local to me and a stand up guy!
I've got a B2620

/ b series options
Check out, mytractortools.

I bought his quick attach mount, it's pretty slick. Works with all his attachments, and factory kubota stuff.
The big plus is it has a 2" receiver sleeve built right into it. Great for movig trailers or hooking chains to for lifting or pulling. Very well built product! Give the guy a call he is a local to me and a stand up guy!
I've got a B2620

looks cool, whats the pricing like?

how much does adding a thirdfunction to the FEL cost?

/ b series options #24  
His mount is around$800, worth it to me since the SSQA is about the same cost, he made one for me with some mounting tabs to hook my plow up also! It's very versatile with the 2" receiver mount, options are endless for things to put in there.

I used the land pride third function kit. It was around $700. Very nice factory looking fit and mounts

/ b series options #25  
1. I added LED's (2 front, 2 rear and 1 on each side). Lights things up very well and amperage is minimal.

2. No experience w/ QA. I've used the FEL with either a scraper or blower on the back.

3. The rears on the B7500 I had and the current L3200 are loaded. The majority of the hours spent on them have been mowing. There's normally something on the 3PH for added ballast.

/ b series options #26  
My Hoe -
Will do. I grabbed that photo off the internets.
I took the original photo, but it's not loaded on this machine, so finding a high res copy may take a little while.
And both of the failure modes that I described came as complete surprises to me, so don't feel alone in not foreseeing them as possibilities.
It's funny, how seemingly very simple systems can suddenly become much more complicated when you use them.
-Jim

p.s. Found it - same idea as teg posted:

View attachment 416527

Baby Grand, and teg,

Man, do I feel stoopid!

A CHAIN, you say....

I should have been able to figure that out for myself, even if I didn't have my (best) reading glasses on, for your original pic.

Thanks so much, for sharing your knowledge and experiences.

And Baby Grand--I have some experience with writing--and your write-up of how two seemingly-innocuous scenarios could go hideously wrong, on short notice, was VERY WELL WRITTEN, in my not so humble opinion (and my wife thought so too, and she's SMART, not to mention being "into" the whole CUT-thing!).

Thanks, once again, for your honest sharing, and excellent description, of what NOT to do. (I assume, and am glad, that no one was hurt/nothing seriously damaged).

This is a GREAT forum, and community, and I'm proud to be a member!

Sincerely,

My Hoe

/ b series options #27  
Get the dealer to weld some utility hooks on the bucket. They are indispensable.
Yes or get the BXpanded snap on hooks. They work great on my BX. Check that they are compatible with your B bucket though.

/ b series options #28  
My Hoe,
Thanks for the kind words.
Nobody hurt; nothing damaged ... if you don't count my blind trust in my own judgment.
-Jim

/ b series options #29  
My Hoe,
Thanks for the kind words.
Nobody hurt; nothing damaged ... if you don't count my blind trust in my own judgment.
-Jim
I often look back and an in wonder of how I learned some valuable knowledge and am lucky to still be alive to pass it on.

/ b series options #30  
The 2601 is now up on the website. Looking it over and comparing, I think I'd still go 2650 depending on the price. There would have to be a substantial difference to make me want a minimally different, smaller, less capable tractor. It's a different, smaller displacement motor making the same rated power. Less hydraulics. Less lift. 4" shorter and/or narrower - but still same turning radius. 150 pounds lighter.