B-Series Tires and Stability

/ B-Series Tires and Stability #1  

Anonymous Poster

One last time on my 2710 vs. 7500 decision: My key issue was stability on hills. Wanted the 7500 for price, bought felt the 2710 would be more stable-and maybe even the only one that could handle mine.

Found a neighbor who has a 15 year old B7200, and hills considerably more severe than mine. He says he has no problem over the years traversing any of them in any direction! 2 key questions:

- He uses a 5' Woods rear mower, and I need a belly mower (trees). Would that make a difference in performance on hills?? He said it actually more stable without the mower in his opinion-would guess a belly mower would be even better (weight concentrated in the center, and low). Appreciate thoughts and experiences here.

- His tires seem much wider: 31 x 13.5 x 15 on the rear, vs. the brochures 'standard' of 9.5 - 16 on the B7500 (not exactly sure what the turf tires are). Fronts are 20.5 x 8 x 10, whereas the 'standard' on the B7500 are 6 - 12. Need a decoder ring here. The only dimensions that measured out accurately on his are the 13.5, and 8 which were widths (rear and front). Rims appear the same. Thoughts on effect of tires between these appreciated, as well as width of the rear turf tires on a B7500.

Th tractor did the road I'll be doing for 10 years, again w/o problems-both grading and snow. Has a 6 foot Woods r. blade.

Again, would prefer the B7500 if it will do it for me ($4600 save). Found a great local dealer that is price competitive with ANY place I've checked-and he's willing to bring one over. Visited him last week, and feel very comfortable dealing with him-honest and willing to spend the time with a rookie. Was set to call to say bring the 2710, but now think the 7500 will do just fine. Again, thoughts appreciated!

Thanks again to all, will let you know which I get (Saturday hopefully-if the one that he brings handles the hills, it will stay!)

/ B-Series Tires and Stability
I'm also looking at a B7500. I was interested in what price you or anyone else is being quoted.

/ B-Series Tires and Stability #3  
Mr. Sullivan.
I have the wide turf tires on my" B" also use tire chains year round and seems to work just fine,for snow removeal & front end loader & york rake w/ scraper blade & rear mower.
Once you get use to your tractor it will seem like second nature, and the fun you will have won't seem like work at all.
Take care and good luck on what you decide.