3-Point Hitch B21 etting up 3-pt hitch

/ B21 etting up 3-pt hitch #1  

joea99

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B21, JD 240GT
I have never used the PTO and 3 - pt hitch.

Considering an attachment for dirt and gravel scraping/leveling and wondering if there are any experienced folks with advice on what to do and what to avoid for setting up the 3 pt hitch.

Any comments on the attachments are fine as well. I am considering the "land leveler" from EA, as it seems much easier for road maintenance than other drag alongs. Certainly easier that the dump and back blading I have been doing.

/ B21 etting up 3-pt hitch #3  
The EA land leveler has saved me lots of time and gravel. Adjust once, drop and go. Have grader blade and box blade too. Building a road or ditching hard to beat a grader blade. Moving material hard to beat a box blade except you already have a FEL. All tools have have their specialty.
One con of the Kubota TLBs is dinky T-Rex 3pt arms and hardware. Box blades and grader blades require a lots of leveling adjustments of the 3pt hitch. Those turnbuckle adjustments sux. If you ever try to push backward with a box or blade you will probably bend them in the threads.
IMG_0669.JPG
On the B26 modified pin-type sway bars, leveling box from Weaver tractor, and pat’s hitch ends. Went with pat’s because I have old equipment not quick hitch compatible. Like the added length too. Changing implements and adjusting much easier.

You will need weight on the rear when you remove the backhoe like a heavy implement. Added rear tire ballast and 2” wheel extensions. Helps with mowing and front grapple stability.

Didn’t do it all at once but have learned over the years.

Last edited:
   / B21 etting up 3-pt hitch
The EA land leveler has saved me lots of time and gravel. Adjust once, drop and go. . . One con of the Kubota TLBs is dinky T-Rex 3pt arms and hardware. . . .
On the B26 modified pin-type sway bars, leveling box from Weaver tractor, and pat痴 hitch ends. Went with pat痴 because I have old equipment not quick hitch compatible. Like the added length too. Changing implements and adjusting much easier.

You will need weight on the rear when you remove the backhoe like a heavy implement. Added rear tire ballast and 2 wheel extensions. Helps with mowing and front grapple stability.

Didn稚 do it all at once but have learned over the years.

I actually have the B26 parts. I bought the B21 used, without the 3 pt hitch gear. Turned out, so I was told, here I think, the bits and pieces were an option on the B26, so there was a kit available. Found a local (ish) dealer that had one, so bought that figuring to use it. 2 year later and still pristine.