B21 loader bucket slop

/ B21 loader bucket slop #1  

Leozepolusa

Tractor
Kubota B21 & L47 TLB
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2005 B21 (994 Hrs) and would like to get rid of the slop I have at the loader bucket pins. I've roughly measured the specified I.D. and O.D.'s for the links, boom, pins, etc. and there seems to be some degree of wear throughout although not more than about 1mm. However, combining the wear on pin O.D.'s and link/bushing I.D.'s yields double the slop. There are only two bushings on each side at the boom/link locations to replace which leaves only pins to replace everywhere else if I want to avoid a big expense. I hope replacing only the pins and bushings will substantially solve the problem. Has anyone done this with good success, or am I likely faced with a big investment to fix this? If the problem persists after installing new pins & bushings, does it make sense to just live with the slop and let the cylinder, bucket, and link pin sleeves continue to wear down?

Thanks,

/ B21 loader bucket slop #2  
How much slope do you have IE does the cutting edge move 1/4" or 4", all buckets have some play but with only 1000 hrs I wouldn't think that you have that much.

/ B21 loader bucket slop
It appears that I have approximately 1.5 inches of slop at the cutting edge.

/ B21 loader bucket slop #5  
Second that on the price - $22 for the pin and $40 for the bushing.. My B21 with 320 hr has maybe 3/8-1/2" slop at the edge mostly from the bottom and top pin on the bucket where it sees the most dirt/abuse. My BH bucket is looser than the loader since I use it more but decided to wait for another summer of use.

I would do the 4 bucket pins and 2 bottom bushing on the boom then go from there.

/ B21 loader bucket slop #6  
I have same problem with L48s, top bucket pins wear fast due to dirt build up. I broke one and it was alot more than that, I think $50-60. I have broken the bucket pin on my KX121-3 2X and it is $181. Ouch. I always grease the piss out of the loader pins to push any dirt out.