B2150 parts unavailable?

/ B2150 parts unavailable? #1  

Surgeon

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1428
Does this sound right? The dealer service manager is telling me that he cannot get a new B2150 steering box or rebuild the existing one to stop the leaking. He further tells me that he cannot repair the gear box on the mowing deck which had a catastrophic failure also because parts are not available. The tractor runs perfectly otherwise. Kubota’s run forever so are parts really are not available?

/ B2150 parts unavailable? #2  
Quick google search shows alot of results; didn’t click any though, so maybe they are unavailable (that happens alot)

Try Messicks; they are pretty reliable.

/ B2150 parts unavailable? #3  
May or may not be true. I broke a spindle on my 30 year old land pride mower about a week ago and got a new replacement the next day. I've had good luck getting new OEM K parts for old equipment from the dealer.

Likely there were more spare part mower spindles manufactured than tractor steering boxes.

Try finding new OEM car parts for cars over 15 years old.

/ B2150 parts unavailable? #4  
Ask another dealer if they are out of stock or discontinued. If the parts aren't available through any Kubota dealer, then can your steering box be rebuilt at a hydraulics shop?

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / B2150 parts unavailable? #5  
It is possible the service manager does not want to deal with it or their shop may be incapable of doing the work. Try another shop. The seals will probably be standard.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / B2150 parts unavailable? #6  
Quick google search shows alot of results; didn’t click any though, so maybe they are unavailable (that happens alot)

Try Messicks; they are pretty reliable.
I agree that Messicks is a reliable source for info and parts on anything Kubota. I have 3 B2150's and three of the MMM mower decks. One of the decks I bought separately for parts. You might be able to find one also. The gearbox was used on so many of those decks there has to be some around. [Messicks will know if that gearbox part number is common to more than one deck model.]

Many B2150s show up in auctions and places like TractorHouse sales. Unless your steering box is cracked or badly damaged not much question SOMEONE can rebuild it. Getting them in and out of the tractor is a major chore. I would pretty much bet money that Kubota still sells seals, etc. The rebuilder would probably be a broad service hydraulics shop rather than a Kubota dealer. How sure are you that the box itself is leaking versus the hoses and connectors?

Steering box failure seems rare to me. Never heard of it (which proves nothing.) Once your 100% sure it is the box itself that is bad, I would first try the salvage yards and see if I could find a used one. Wengers of Myerstown, PA is one of the largest in the East and I have found them to be an excellent source of leads and info even if they do not have the particular part you are seeking. Just Google them. There are other salvage yards but most I know of are in the south.