B2320 Advice

/ B2320 Advice #21  
BX total different animal than a B. A BX without FEL and no weights can scale a mountain going up or down and can do fair for awhile cross ways on a hill. Go up a hill on a B with something on the back and no FEL or weights is dangerous when the front end lifts up toward the heavens. I've owned several BXs, yes, even a BX2350 for a short period of time and several Bs, yes, a B2320 with no FEL and gear drive and it would do wheelies on flat land with no weight on the front.
john, you make me want to trade my bx for one just to ride wheelies in the neighbor hood:)

/ B2320 Advice #22  
Yeah cut the muffler off and put a replaceable metel skid on the back to throw out lots of sparks! The Harley riders would be so jealous of you roaring down the street doing a wheely at 8 mph in a cloud of smoke and fire!

/ B2320 Advice #23  
This weekend I was testing out our new B2320 mowing a pretty flat land. It's a blast! I have a FEL, MMM, and R4 tires, and they left some marks on the grass. I believe it's a combination of going a little fast on turns, and having FEL weight. The front tires do the marking, based on the width of track. Doing tight turns with FEL can be a challenge, so for mowing it needs to come off.

This tractor has loaded rear tires, and feels very well planted on the ground.

Have to get used to the ROPS idea going around low branches. I asked a delivery guy if he knows anyone flipping their tractor over, and he told me just recently a guy put his new tractor on its side. It was like a slow motion, no injuries, no damage, except a broken blinker light when they were pulling it back up.

/ B2320 Advice #24  
IMG_0993.jpg
Can happen in a heartbeat or half a heartbeat.

/ B2320 Advice #25  
JOHNTHOMAS, would you share the story behind that picture? I suspect the loader was fully loaded and all the way up, as it shows.

/ B2320 Advice #26  
Agreed. It will handle the 48" rotary mower without the weights most of the time, but it's those other times, like when you lift to clear an obstruction while pointing slightly uphill... The sprayer will likely need the weights.

So I would keep an eye out for the weights. Remember that if your little tractor works anything like mine, it's the one which will get to go into the rough going with the bush hog.

/ B2320 Advice #27  
"The (tires) left some marks on the grass. I believe it's a combination of going a little fast on turns, and having FEL weight."

Last year I bought a B7510 and for most things it is a vast improvement over my Bolens G174. But the Bolens never tore up the lawn, even in 4X4. The Kubota leaves a lot of tracks when I make sharp turns. I have concluded that Iseki simply built better differentials in 1981 than Kubota did in 2005.

/ B2320 Advice #28  
JOHNTHOMAS, would you share the story behind that picture? I suspect the loader was fully loaded and all the way up, as it shows.

The BH was in normal position at the time it went over. I dropped my front bucket to the ground and was getting ready to back drag with the angled front edge of the bucket to peel off the edge of the dirt cut to make it a slope and when I pushed the FEL lever down I was on my side. Done similar jobs hundreds of times but it only took once to be at that tipping point.
FEL and bucket were moved after going over, yes, very foolish. Hooked chain to side and truck was up hill and pulled it back on it's wheels and not even a scratch on the machine but still lingering fear.:shocked:

/ B2320 Advice
I have decided to pull the trigger on the 2320HST when I get back to NC next week. I 'm going with the R4 tires (unfilled), the grill guard, and four of the front suitcase weights (160 pounds). I can always add more weight if needed.

I am still up in the air on which rotary cutter to buy. The dealer carries both Bush Hog (BH) and Land Pride (LP) brands. Both 4' cutters have similar specifications, but I am leaning toward the Bush Hog. It is going to be more expensive, but it has a thicker deck -- 11 gauge versus 12 for the LP.

Steve

Last edited:
   / B2320 Advice #30  
Will 160lbs be enough to hold the front down with the rotary cutter on?