B2400 hst chattering

/ B2400 hst chattering #1  

Kubota3321

Tractor
2000 b2400
I just purchased a tractor that doesn't move.

The former owner said he owned and operated the kubota for 3 years with no issues. Once the tractor hit 300 hours he decided drain the hst fluid and change the hst filter. He said he used kubota udt fluid and a kubota hst filter. He drained the fluid from the pickup screen drain plug. After the service he "drove it around the house" and it worked fine. The next day he went to move it and it would not drive anymore. I asked why he changed the fluid and he said it was due at 300 hours based on the maintaince schedule in the manual so there was no issue(s) that prompted it.

I'm planning to change the hst filter for the heck of it (curent one is new from Kubota) and drain the fluid completely next if the filter changes does not help.

It sounds like the nosies I'm hearing and the chattering are caused by cavitation from not getting enough fluid to the charge pump. I checked the lines feeding the hst charge pump and they seem to have good flow but the pressure gauge still reads almost 0 and it should be 40-70psi.

WSm Pg 154 attached has the flow diagram I have been using. It looks like the charge pump pressurises the cooler and then flows to the hst filter then feeds the high pressure pump. This means a flow restriction could be present any where in that circuit. I pulled the drain plug off the hst filter and fired up the tractor and oil immediatly started to flow much faster out of the port indicating to me that the lines are clear up to the hst filter atleast from the charge pump. Port P3 is where my low pressure gauge (150 psi range) is connected to check the charge pump pressure.

For the heck of it, I checked the loader valve pressure and got 1500+ psi so it appears this engine hydraulic pump is working.

I was exploring the possibility of the charge pump relief valve being stuck open but I inspected it and it appeared intact and the spring was in good shape. I'm going to pull the high pressure check/ relief valves as well Incase they have issues as well.

Other than what I explained above, I was just wondering if anyone has other ideas of what to check before I split the tractor to look inside the hst charge pump. The timing of the issue starting right after the last owner's fluid + filter change make me feel like something simple is wrong and the pump is hopefully fine since there are only 300 hours on it and fluid was fine and clean when drained.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922_093651_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922_093651_Drive.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 27
   / B2400 hst chattering
I forgot to mention that the tractor tries to drive forward and reverse when the clutch is engaged. I verified that the driveshaft from the clutch to the hst trans is turning. When the tractor drives, the whole tractor and rear tires chattter/ shake while moving. The shaking frequency reduces with higher rpm speed but the power does not get stronger. It has very little power and can barely drive under its own power on a flat surface.

/ B2400 hst chattering #3  
Does the power steering work? That circuit shows both steering and charge flow going through cooler, filter, charge relief.

Does the B2400 have drive shaft between the engine and HST? I have seen some posts where the splines on the driveshaft have wore out. Long shot but something to check.

/ B2400 hst chattering
Does the power steering work? That circuit shows both steering and charge flow going through cooler, filter, charge relief.

Does the B2400 have drive shaft between the engine and HST? I have seen some posts where the splines on the driveshaft have wore out. Long shot but something to check.

/ B2400 hst chattering
The power steering works but seems a little weak. I'll check the splines but it appeared that they were turning.