B2400 HST pedal sticking

/ B2400 HST pedal sticking #1  

babybober

Tractor
B2400
Hi:
Just got a B2400 last weekend. After putting a few hours on it I have found that ocassionally the HST pedal will stick. Sometimes it releases right away, other times it will keep going for several feet the release. It does this in both forward and reverse. It seems more prevelent after moving for a minute or two rather than short starts and stops but it is not consistant. Of course it happens at the worst times.

The dealer suggest a few things to try but said they will pick it back up of this doesn't work. I would prefer not to have to send it back. What I have done is:
-Cleaned the springs and pedal mechinism good with gum-out.
-Sprayed it down good with WD-40
-Regreased the zirk fitting.
-Tightened the return tension springs a little.
-Adjusted the damper which is supposed to change the rate which the HST releases.

Have I missed anything? Should I let the dealer pick it back up?

Attachments

• 2-78879-newtoy.jpg
    2-78879-newtoy.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,345
   / B2400 HST pedal sticking #2  
Even with the work you did you might still need to lube it up again unless you totally dimantled the linkage. We might often spend over an hour on your type problem to loosen up the linkage. Spray it down again and grerase it again. Was there a gain or improvement in what you did to begin with.

/ B2400 HST pedal sticking #3  
i got a used b2400 last winter, very low hours and did not have a problem with hst pedal, but did have a problem with sticking throttle linkage, sprayed the living heck out of it numerous times and found the more i used it the better it became, it is fine now. if your machine was not used much it might just need to be used for it to lossen up. if in doubt let the dealer fix it. u don't want it not working right. it could be dangerous.

/ B2400 HST pedal sticking
Sounds like my next step it to strip it down and clean everything. Thanks!