B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement

/ B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement
Thanks guys.
yeah—I’m new to hydraulics so didn’t even cross my mind to repair with a section of hose replacement.
well, at least I’m getting to know my tractor!

/ B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement #12  
Isn't there enough flex in that new stainless pre-bent line to snake it up through there from the back without disassembling the hydro pedal assemblies and other components? That line will bend a lot before it actually deforms.

Just my opinion, but taking things apart unnecessarily is not a good way to get to know your tractor . . .

Again, good luck with it.

Isn't there enough flex in that new stainless pre-bent line to snake it up through there from the back without disassembling the hydro pedal assemblies and other components? That line will bend a lot before it actually deforms.

Just my opinion, but taking things apart unnecessarily is not a good way to get to know your tractor . . .

Again, good luck with it.
Nope. At least its not apparent enough from me to want to try. My local dealer has never done this repair but found a few guys on a FB group who have and they concurred with this assessment.

I wish though!! Thanks for the well wishes. I may need them!

Well… brake pedal and hst pedals moved away from frame and now I find that I’ll need to remove the three point hitch lever and some other miscellaneous items.

it’s like kubota started building the B2400 with this hydraulic line and then assembled everything else around it!

/ B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement #15  
...............snip..................

Just have this one last item to remove.
Anyone know what this is? Some kind of cotter pin?
Do you use a punch to knock it out?
First pic is source of the question. (It seems to be the last thing holding the hst pedal against the frame).
Next pic is for reference. Last pic is current state of tractor.

All in all glad to be doing this. I’m sure I’ll save some money and learn a bit by doing it myself.

It's called "rolled spring pin" and they can usually be removed by gently tapping with a hammer & correct size punch.

Before hammering excessively, just consider what is happening to the bearing supporting the shaft on the other side of the pedal(s) and act accordingly in order not to damage the bearing.
IE. Support the end of the shaft if needed.

Rolled spring pin2.jpeg

Rolled spring pin.jpg

Cheers,

Mechanic.jpg

Kubotabooks.com has the workshop manual (WSM) for the B2400 (free downloadable) I'd take a look at that if you haven't already, might save you a few steps.
Thanks for the link. I do have the WSM downloaded and it is full of good info.
Unfortunately, when it came to this fix it didn't seem to be a big help.
The parts diagrams on Messicks though are great as they do help you visualize what order things need to come apart in.

Some of this is just gonna be me piecing stuff together and hoping that my basic skills and photo documentation are good enough to get me out of whatever hole I dig!
-B

Finally got line off. In addition to removing al the items I mentioned earlier I had to remove the tool box, the seat base, the three point position lever, the linkage for the differential lock, the housing for the hydraulic dip stick, the hydraulic hose that feeds my FEL, and completely remove the brake and hst linkages. And it was still tough to snake out without bending the steel line too much.
Whew!
First shot is of the removed line. Second is of the tractor in its current state.

Attachments

• A59C70D1-4E9D-4246-B1B8-3351A5C73D65.jpeg
    A59C70D1-4E9D-4246-B1B8-3351A5C73D65.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
  • 94A09D09-8B20-4525-B99E-AD5C47B5F311.jpeg
    94A09D09-8B20-4525-B99E-AD5C47B5F311.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 72
   / B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement #19  
Lets just hope that after all this work the the new line doesn't break after x # of hours.

Lets just hope that after all this work the the new line doesn't break after x # of hours.
If it does I guess I'll know how to address it!
I plan to try and document the steps a bit better and post somewhere here just in case anyone ever comes across this issue. It does seem that this is a rare occurrence, but since Kubota had 4 different redesigns on the line my local dealer did tell me that this likely means they knew they had some issues with it.
The new line is slightly straighter than the original one. Hoping the smaller bend will lead to an easier install!