B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement

/ B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement
Found it!
it was under the floor board, right hand side. It goes between the two brake pedals.
Thanks TMGT for your help though. I was looking at that piece too.

Made one more unsettling discovery though!
Found these two bolts (clearly from tractor)
They are both 14mm heads.
Can’t find any place on fender or floorboard where they go.
most of the bolts have been 12mm so these are on the more substantial end.
did clean shop though and can say that these are the only two items left.
any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• E450A91A-5BE0-49B3-9AD3-5F6CEE46E193.jpeg
    E450A91A-5BE0-49B3-9AD3-5F6CEE46E193.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
   / B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement #32  
Those are the same as the ones that hold my seat support to the rear axle housing on my B2620, maybe look in that area?

/ B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement #33  
Phone camera is your friend when before taking things apart.

Those are the same as the ones that hold my seat support to the rear axle housing on my B2620, maybe look in that area?
Bingo. Right below the toolbox.
100% assembled now!! Thanks!

Phone camera is your friend when before taking things apart.
Yep. But no matter how good I tell myself I’m gonna be (photos from multiple angles, intermittent videos…) I ALWAYS seem to have the one thing I’m missing just off screen!!

/ B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement #36  
Yep. But no matter how good I tell myself I’m gonna be (photos from multiple angles, intermittent videos…) I ALWAYS seem to have the one thing I’m missing just off screen!!

Good job, looks good!

Here is what works for me:

I use zip-lock bags & marker, in addition to photos.
Every nut or bolt goes into a bag with name identifying which part or group it (they) belongs to. Same with most parts, unless they are clearly obvious where they belong to. Sometimes a group of bolts & nuts is wrapped in a masking tape to hold together.

The re-assembly could delayed for reasons beyond my control so this method works always, even if someone else ends up finishing the work.
IE. Something unforeseen etc.

Cheers,

Mechanic.jpg

Okay. Now all done!
even plugged my front right tire. I’ve officially fixed the two known issues on it when I bought it. (Hydraulic leak and tire leak)
if I had known that the hydraulic line was gonna be such a job I would’ve offered him $1,000 less and walked. I thought all had to do was get new crush washers for the banjo bolt!

Ran it around for a good 30 minutes and not a drop leaking.
thanks everyone for all the help!
Pic below of it rebuilt.

with only 207 hours this old tractor will hopefully last me a long time.
next weekend I’ll do the 200 hr maintenance (already have the fluids and filters ready).

after that plans are pretty simple.
go over the brushog that came with it and make sure it’s ready to roll, bend back a couple of the warped tines on the root rake that came with it, then buy a:
Draw bar for back
A front mount hitch
A tilting scraper blade
A small dump cart (for hauling sticks and occasionally kids)
Some bolt on hooks for the bucket
Some bolt on pallet forks for the bucket.

Attachments

• 81D835C6-87E5-48CB-86CC-BAD10C4BB511.jpeg
    81D835C6-87E5-48CB-86CC-BAD10C4BB511.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 40
   / B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement #38  
Bingo. Right below the toolbox.
100% assembled now!! Thanks!
Awesome, yup same place as mine, guess they didn't change that between years/models!

/ B2400 steel hydraulic line replacement #39  
Okay. Now all done!
even plugged my front right tire. I’ve officially fixed the two known issues on it when I bought it. (Hydraulic leak and tire leak)
if I had known that the hydraulic line was gonna be such a job I would’ve offered him $1,000 less and walked. I thought all had to do was get new crush washers for the banjo bolt!

Ran it around for a good 30 minutes and not a drop leaking.
thanks everyone for all the help!
Pic below of it rebuilt.

with only 207 hours this old tractor will hopefully last me a long time.
next weekend I’ll do the 200 hr maintenance (already have the fluids and filters ready).

after that plans are pretty simple.
go over the brushog that came with it and make sure it’s ready to roll, bend back a couple of the warped tines on the root rake that came with it, then buy a:
Draw bar for back
A front mount hitch
A tilting scraper blade
A small dump cart (for hauling sticks and occasionally kids)
Some bolt on hooks for the bucket
Some bolt on pallet forks for the bucket.
Looking good, should be a good tractor for a long time. If you're like me you'll be glad you took the time and fixed it right.

Word of caution on the rake tines, they have a tendency to break when you bend them back a lot of times. I just learned to leave well enough alone unless they were really bad, then I would try with the idea that I'd probably have to replace it anyways if it broke.