Backhoe B26 Backhoe thumb - to buy or not to buy?

/ B26 Backhoe thumb - to buy or not to buy? #11  
I wouldn't own a backhoe without a thumb. Mine is mechanical as well, but also half the price of a hydraulic unit. That being said, I would probably buy the hydraulic unit if I had it to do over. The convenience factor is worth it. Lots of times I won't use the thumb when I actually could, just because I don't want to get off the tractor and move it just for one quick thing. But when you need it, it sure is nice.

Hi,
Lots of times, even with the thumb all the way back, I can still pick up stuff but yes, hydraulics are always nice.

Rob

/ B26 Backhoe thumb - to buy or not to buy? #13  
Isn't life too short to own a hoe with no thumb?? You just doubled the value of your hoe!:licking:

/ B26 Backhoe thumb - to buy or not to buy? #14  
Default Re: B26 Backhoe thumb - to buy or not to buy?
Isn't life too short to own a hoe with no thumb?? You just doubled the value of your hoe!

Thumbs are hoes best friend?

/ B26 Backhoe thumb - to buy or not to buy? #15  
Appears this thread has been hitchhiked by a hoe with a thumb..

/ B26 Backhoe thumb - to buy or not to buy?
Thank you all for your thoughts!

/ B26 Backhoe thumb - to buy or not to buy? #19  
Yep!

I love my hydraulic thumb! Saves me time, and also prevents me from getting on and off the tractor to move stuff, and also saves me on fuel! No more driving around to reposition, or get a grip with the FEL.. grab and go with the thumb on the hoe :thumbsup:

/ B26 Backhoe thumb - to buy or not to buy? #20  
Yep!

I love my hydraulic thumb! Saves me time, and also prevents me from getting on and off the tractor to move stuff, and also saves me on fuel! No more driving around to reposition, or get a grip with the FEL.. grab and go with the thumb on the hoe :thumbsup:

Now you're tempting me!